What's new

Seasoning Wineador Shelves and Drawers

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It might be to late for my advise, but Seriously the best way to season your drawers and shelves it to simply wipe them down with distilled water. Put them into the wine cooler and put your hydration method be it beads or Boveda packs into the cooler and let them sit. When the drawers dry wipe them down again. Repeat several times until you your humidity rebounds back normal. Put your sticks back into the drawers making sure the drawers are dry so not to ruin cigars. After that just let the beads, Boveda and cigars balance out the humidity. There isn't any need for sponges and shot glasses and seasoning packs. PM if you have any questions.
I have found it takes several days to use shot glasses or dishes of water. The idea is to get the water to evaporate into the air and then be absorbed by the wood. Wiping the wood directly really speeds up the process and it doesn't bother the wood at all. It's all about increasing the surface area of the water to increase the evaporation rate. Wiping the wood results in the largest surface area.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick it is great to see you joining us on the site.

Shoot over read the noob thread and an introduction thread just letting ppl know about you and your interests. Read up here...
http://www.botl.org/threads/botl-pre-study-package.53154/

As for your question I use KL that is spread throughout the entire humi. I have about 2 lbs spread in about 6 nylons. As for storage a lot of us will keep cigars in their boxes as it makes stacking and storage a lot easier. As for singles dedicate a drawer or 2 to them and that works out fine.
Thanks for the reply. I've decide on three drawers and then two shelves. For the shelves though, I am adding small sides and a back just so they could have some individuals on the shelf and no worries about rolling off when removing. It will be almost like a tray or drawer with out a front.

I built the frames for the three drawer bottoms and the two shelves last night. Started with a 7 foot 4/4 Spanish Cedar piece of lumber. It was way more work to get everything built with tongue and groove than I was expecting . . . . definitely would have been worth the money they charge for the shelves and drawers from the online sellers. I guess I'm just slow with the woodworking (or the guys selling the stuff are making nothing on an hourly basis) :)