What's new

Selling my Harley Street Glide To Get a House!

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
The time has come when I have to choose between my baby, 2007 HD Street Glide, and a house. Been married almost a year, and still stuck with the monster-in-laws. Yup, she's got to go. Here's a couple pics, what do you think?

Attachments

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Very nice street glide stroke. Wish I had room in the garage for a bagger for long hauls. Good luck with the sale

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Well, after the house, make sure you get back on a bike you enjoy... I think the house is a priority... but fun should not be put off for ever.

Get the house, and when you get a chance... back on the saddle!!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
happens a lot. have a bike. real life happens and the bike has to go. then things finally smooth out and you get a bike again. good luck on sellin a member of the family.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Believe me, I know what you are going through........I had a 1967 Harley Davidson generator FLH Shovelhead that I bought back in 2000, customized to the hilt, then sold about a year ago to a friend. I miss having a bike but I just didn't get out that much having 2 kids in sports and such. So then I bought a 1973 Mustang convertible (351C) to fill the void...this will be the 2nd year that hasn't left the garage...Toys come and go bro...you will be happier with a house...

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
nice! That's actually a bike I have considered getting after gettin a house and back on my feet, hows it ride?
Not even sure how to answer that. I mean, it doesn't ride like the Street Glide, you don't get the awesome rumble at stop lights7 nor do you have the sound.

The VTX rides very well IMHO, it's strong, stable, balanced well albeit a bit heavy, and has all the power you'll need. I did put new shocks on the rear (Progressive) to lower the rear end and new fork springs in as well (Progressive) as I thought the front end dipped a bit to much with a good hand full of front brake. I also added an Ultimate X seat, made out of Canada, they also make seats for HD, Suzi, Yama...it is by far the most comfortable seat on the planet. Not saying that just because I own one, just matter of fact. I've had several 800+ mile days on it and never had an ounce of sore ass. I ride the shit out of my bike and ride it hard, it's solid trustworthy. I'd buy another. In addition, there's a ton of aftermarket stuff for it and a very nice web forum with just buckets of information on the bike from tire to tire.

Wade

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I will add this, I had bikes up until 1989 when my first son was born, got rid of it and just started back again in 2002. You'll ride again, hell, you're always welcome to take mine for a spin if the opportunity ever arises.

Scot

Stogie Noob
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Smart man...one depreciates, the other appreciates. You'll have a garage full of bikes before you know it.