What's new

Shaving Materials

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hi guys,

I recently ran out of the shaving materials I had from the Art of Shaving store. I liked the stuff well enough, but seeing that I'm out, I thought I'd see what else is out there. Basically I came across the Art stuff because I have pretty sensitive facial skin (I know, man up...... ) and it seemed to help. I was wondering, what else do you guys that have sensitive skin use? I liked the pre shave oil and more soapy type cream than the typical puffy cream junk. I already have a brush, so that's not needed. Also, maybe a decent (but cheap) razor suggestions?

Anyways thanks in advance! I'm too lazy to search on tapatalk so let me know if there is already a thread that covers this sensitive skin stuff! Haha.

Thanks,
Paul

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I switched from Art of Shaving to the Taylor of Old Bond Street due to a recommendation from my brother. I feel it performs well but then again I still use the pre shave oil from Art of shaving since I bought the big bottle of it well after I got the cream.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I switched from Art of Shaving to the Taylor of Old Bond Street due to a recommendation from my brother. I feel it performs well but then again I still use the pre shave oil from Art of shaving since I bought the big bottle of it well after I got the cream.
Taylor of Old Bond Street preshave is my jam. Love it more than the aftershave balm.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
No problem. Are they separate blades? Because I'm currently using Bic disposals...... Haha. So I'm shopping for a razor.....
Bic disposables may be part of why your skin irritation is an issue. Too much pressure needed to cut also means too much friction on your face.

Get yourself a DE razor, and I'll shoot you some blades.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Bic disposables may be part of why your skin irritation is an issue. Too much pressure needed to cut also means too much friction on your face.

I'm sure it is. It's not as bad since switching to Art, but still a bit of an issue. Basically I guess I'm going all in now. Haha. And a razor is definitely on the purchase list. As well as cheaper but better creams and soaps.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'm sure it is. It's not as bad since switching to Art, but still a bit of an issue. Basically I guess I'm going all in now. Haha. And a razor is definitely on the purchase list. As well as cheaper but better creams and soaps.
I got one of these guys.

http://www.parkershaving.com/products/96R-Safety-Razor.html

Love the longer handle and the butterfly-open makes it a breeze to swap/clean blades... I put a feather blade (very sharp) in there, and I can easily shave with a wet face-no soap, or oil, or nothing... barely have to press the razor. The weight of the head does the work for you.

In the meantime, give me your address and I'll shoot you some blades. It's f**kin' party time.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I got one of these guys.

http://www.parkershaving.com/products/96R-Safety-Razor.html

Love the longer handle and the butterfly-open makes it a breeze to swap/clean blades... I put a feather blade (very sharp) in there, and I can easily shave with a wet face-no soap, or oil, or nothing... barely have to press the razor. The weight of the head does the work for you.

In the meantime, give me your address and I'll shoot you some blades. It's f**kin' party time.
You realize no good deed goes unpunished.... Haha pm on its way. Thanks man.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

I second that. Good choice on buying a new razor. That will make a huge difference.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Ordered some Mike's Natural Soap: Lavadin and Eucalyptus (The only one in stock, but scent should be fine) and some Bois Flourax Cold RiverSoap Works Soap and some of their Puro Fresco Balm as well. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to everything arriving.

Hoping the soaps are good. May have to experiment with some others as well to find a solid scent.