What's new

Shaving Materials

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I also ordered some 10 dollar bowl on amazon. Should suffice as well.
I usually just load my brush straight off the puck. I saw a video of a guy doing it and ever since than I never use my bowl that I have. Ill try to find the video and send it over.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Since they're so cheap I usually get about 4-5 out of mine. Once I feel it starting to get dull, I don't blink an eye and change it out.
Great! HA! For me, 3 or 4 shaves is about 3 weeks.......hahaha

This should definitely be a cheaper option.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I usually get about 10 shaves out of mine, but I also shave my head. So, ymmv.

Also, I learned a very valuable lesson this past weekend. Don't shave your head when you have a cold.

A sneeze snuck up on my mid stroke... There is a nice little cut on the top of my head from that.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The Merkur came today! A couple observations. Number one. I'm scared to use it...... Haha. Number two, I should have gone with a long handled one I think. It's a bit tiny. That said it's super nice.

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The Merkur came today! A couple observations. Number one. I'm scared to use it...... Haha. Number two, I should have gone with a long handled one I think. It's a bit tiny. That said it's super nice.
I thought the same thing with mine when I first got it, but I actually enjoy the short handle. Some either like it or they like the larger one. Good thing is most* handles are interchangeable with razors so you can always find a lager handle for it.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Observations from the first shave. I have to work on the angle for sure. I didn't cut myself, but it tugged a bit more than I expected. But then when the angle was right, we were good. The balm is OK. It has some alcohol in it, so there's a bit of sting. It does feel nice afterwards. I'm switching from Art of Shaving stuff so it's not a huge jump (as in it's not straight from barbasol cream, lol) but it definitely feels nice afterwards.

Also, should I leave the soap just dry? Wipe it down? Thoughts?

Anyways let me know your thoughts guys. Thanks again for everyone with all the info!