What's new

Shaving Soap/Cream Purchase Thread

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I love the Puro Fresco. I was lucky enough to be a tester for his V2 and Oliva soaps before they went to market and the slickness is definitely better with the V2. Great pickups brother

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
How is the olive oil soap? I prefer tallow based soaps over the vegan soaps.
It's the best Olive oil soap I've ever used. From what I remember it was a little harder to get to a great lather (by that I mean maybe an extra 30 seconds of loading and adding extra water). The original scent I really enjoyed and the aftershave feel was really nice. To be honest though, I'd buy his normal stuff 9/10 times before the Oliva. I'd probably only break down and buy the Oliva only for the original colonial scent

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
These two have been my favorite to date: Wool Fat (pictured), & Acca Kappa 1869.

Untitled by Shift_Six, on Flickr

But I am an absolute huge fan of Triumph & Disaster's bar soap, & Ritual face wash. Pretty much the best money I've ever spent for the shower.

Untitled by Shift_Six, on Flickr
Just looked up that facewash as I've been looking for something better than that neutrogena i've been using for years. Holy shit that stuff is pricey. How long does a bottle last you washing your face twice a day?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just looked up that facewash as I've been looking for something better than that neutrogena i've been using for years. Holy shit that stuff is pricey. How long does a bottle last you washing your face twice a day?
It is pricey, only down side...
This is the first time I've bought it though, and since I've really really liked their bar soap (has an awesome smell, plus poppy seeds in it are nice and scrubby) So for my birthday I figured I would try their face wash. So far it seems like the stuff will go a long way but I typically just wash my face before bed so I've only been hitting it once a day. Other than the price, I'm a happy camper, but even with the price I'm pretty much hooked on it. lol

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It is pricey, only down side...
This is the first time I've bought it though, and since I've really really liked their bar soap (has an awesome smell, plus poppy seeds in it are nice and scrubby) So for my birthday I figured I would try their face wash. So far it seems like the stuff will go a long way but I typically just wash my face before bed so I've only been hitting it once a day. Other than the price, I'm a happy camper, but even with the price I'm pretty much hooked on it. lol
Good to hear man! I need to find something as I'm 33 and continue to get an annoying as zit once or twice a month... I also sweat a ton (play hockey 2-3 times a week) so that may have something to do with it. Thanks for putting this product on our radar!