What's new

Shaving Soap/Cream Purchase Thread

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Kelvin got me on the A&E kick. I’ve been happy with all their soaps so far. I have their Summer Fig (gifted to me by Kelvin) and got a sample of their A&E Vanil de Tobac which has superb aromas of vanilla, tobacco and a little cinnamon??? Super thick lather once I get the hang of how much water to soak my brush. Still a work in progress on that though.

The summer fig I have to get back to you when I use it again. I have a small rotation now so I rotate every shave.

The Anne Bonny, definitely strong on the nose from the sample. Some notes of dark rum and strong scent of lime which stuck around for an hour or so after shaving. The lather built up was superb though.
Thanks Bud, I will definitely have to get one of their soaps.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks Bud, I will definitely have to get one of their soaps.
I’d definitely get the samples from Maggardrazors.com from A&E. Whichever ones are available and peaks your interest. Next order I’m hoping A&E St Bart’s sample will still be around. For some reason, I feel that’s almost like A&E version of a bay rum.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Of course, I get married, move out of my hometown of 30+ years and now a few years later the “downtown” is being revitalized and all of the empty storefronts are now being filled with breweries, restaurants and small businesses, which leads me to this purchase on black friday from Matt and Stefan at The Holy Black, who live and now have what they call the Holy Black Compound in my old stomping grounds. I’ve been eyeing their shaving products for a while, so I finally decided it was time to roll the dice and try their flagship shaving soap and the “winter woods” soap from what they call their “secret stash.”

The flagship soap (and their aftershave splash) with scent of gunpowder and spice definitely reminds me of the smell of Old Spice my Grandpa either used to shave or splash as a cologne. It smells amazing.
The secret stash scent “Winter woods” I get a real strong scent of cranberry, hollyberry and a touch of pine. Very unique smell.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
After reading and watching many reviews, trying the PAA “cube” and “ice cube” pre shave bars, soap, cube? However you’d like to call it. And I got the coaster to accompany it.

My wife wasn’t laughing like I was about the do not disturb sign for the door though