What's new

Shout out to Rob and Puro Cigar

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Agreed highly recommended, a few orders placed so far, great prices, quickly shipped, perfectly (over)packed, cannot go wrong!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What happened to this website? It appears the ability to browse and order online is no longer there.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Definitely the result of the CA excise tax increase.
That's a big bummer. Shame CA doesn't realize or care how that effects small business'.

and non-retailers selling cigars online in forums below prices that legit retailers are permitted.
I call b.s. on this statement. The miniscule amount of this going on can't possibly have that much impact. If a few people sharing a deal on a few boxes here and there have that much impact on a single business, I would guess that said business isn't being run very well.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I call b.s. on this statement. The miniscule amount of this going on can't possibly have that much impact. If a few people sharing a deal on a few boxes here and there have that much impact on a single business, I would guess that said business isn't being run very well.
I agree. I placed many orders w/ Rob & puro never had any issues, service was always top notch etc. but stifling the box split forum here really killed a lot of the goodwill I had. I blame BOTL too for caving to the pressure and letting advertisers influence what gets discussed here, especially when so many brothers donate to help cover costs.

Sorry to hear you're closing shop and best of luck in all future endeavors Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not box splits overall and it was never my intent to stifle them. That is a great service to BOTL members. You missed the part about "below prices that legit retailers are permitted". Puro was a site sponsor. The biggest box split person on the site (selling below manufacturer permitted prices) is not even a site donor. That was my issue. And yes it had an impact on BOTL member business which was very important to Puro. Of course it was not the biggest factor in the course of business, that was California voters and Prop 56 (I left the company over a year ago as a direct result of Prop 56 impact). But you can call it not running a business very well.
Good luck to all of you. I do miss the forum members and discussions.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There is a non online cigar shop just up the street from puro thats doing just fine despite the CA taxes and whatever online business is going on... I visited the puro shop in person and walked out without buying anything in January because of a rather large amount of "plume" on a number of boxes. It's a shame to see a business go out, but from my first hand experience I can see why...