What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Long term aging requires less air circulation. Cabs and SLB boxes offer better protection to circulating air in the humi when kept sealed for years/decades.... Dress boxes will often allow better air circulation and thus a faster maturation rate. The downside is a faster maturity rate in whole. And a less gentle maturity at that. So smoke now dress box. Smoke in 10-20+ years slb/cab.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
requires membership to view - cliffs?
Cliff notes aren't even remotely possible on this. It's mostly a back and forth between WayneN and Ginseng... I will PM (don't want to get to far off topic here) you with one example of this back and forth which will give you a good idea of why cliff notes aren't possible.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Long term aging requires less air circulation. Cabs and SLB boxes offer better protection to circulating air in the humi when kept sealed for years/decades.... Dress boxes will often allow better air circulation and thus a faster maturation rate. The downside is a faster maturity rate in whole. And a less gentle maturity at that. So smoke now dress box. Smoke in 10-20+ years slb/cab.
Thanks Jfire! That makes a ton of sense. Kinda like how larger format bottles of beer/wine age better than the smaller ones.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you Trent - sure looked like a lot of mumbo jumbo there going back and forth, not sure at all it explained anything really.

The dress boxes I have seen have the cigars pressed so tightly in them that after taking them all out it is impossible to even get the same number back in. Which has me wondering how they allow better air circulation exactly?

Are you saying it's because the dress boxes really don't have any kind of re-sealability once opened? OK, I guess that makes sense but that's obvious just by looking at them.

The few SLB's I have dealt with have the best ROTT sticks, again as opposed to the dress boxes, almost all of which at the PC size need to be rested. just my 02 there