What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a couple of friends who don't smoke come back from Cuba.

Box of VR Unico's
Box of Mag 48's
Box of Sig III's
Box of Monte 520's

Happy, collection is growing.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I caved. I just sent the payment for another order, before even receiving my first..... This is a slippery slope indeed..... Purchased a 10 count box of Partagas 898's, I keep hearing about them whenever CC's are brought up, so mind as well order some to find out what the hype is about, right?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
10 PSD4's
What is the general opinion on humi time for these guys? I've got 2 of the 10 count boxes resting in my humidor with box code MAR 2012. I've had a couple that were pretty good ROTT.
I have a box from 08 that were garbage when I first sampled them after 6 months of down time. Waited til the 1 yr mark and sampled again and it was even worse! Fast forward to 2012 and they were a new cigar. IMHO they def need the long nap.
Exactly my experience Dub with my 08's. I almost swore off Partagas because of it until they hit the 3 year mark and it was an awesome cigar. Craig, you can just buy a full box of PSD4's to age 3 years and smoke the 10 you have now in the meantime! :)
Yea, I think the PSD4 is just odd in that sometimes they seem good right away, other batches seem to need a lot of age. The '08s have really come around, imvho, and now I only have like 6 left. The last couple I've had were among the best PSD4s I've smoked. The '10s were decent pretty quickly, I had one '12 that was surprisingly good (not that rich Partagas profile we all love, but a tasty cigar nonetheless).

For me, the PSD4 has become one of those cigars that just needs to be checked every once and a while to see where they are at because it really depends, like of like the RASS. Unlike the BRCs and Epi#2s that are pretty much good right away and then get better, or the CoRo that's crap right away then magically becomes good after a bunch of age, lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read a really positive review on the coronas major causing me to give them a shot. Managed to pick up a 2007 box early December and tried one over Christmas. Very impressed - they are fighting far above their weight for me. Hope yours are as good.