What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Despite what a lot of these guys (who don't even have aged collections) want to tell you, there is nothing wrong with smoking fresh-ish stock. Another thing that seems to go unmentioned, is that typically aged smokes will mellow out quite a bit. You may find that you prefer the boldness of fresh smokes, you wouldn't be the first.

Would we all love to have 5+ year boxes? Of course.

But you gotta start somewhere. Keep testing the waters, figure out what you like, and stay in your budget.
This is true- the cigars will lose nicotine content over time. I never mention it because I don't notice it takes any pleasure away from the cigar. The benefits of removing the ammonia and other crap far outweighs the loss of nicotine. I try my best to give them enough time to reach maturity because when you invest your money in Habanos you expect the top shelf. If they smoke young ones that aren't ready you cheat yourself and might as well smoke a cheap NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
This is true- the cigars will lose nicotine content over time. I never mention it because I don't notice it takes any pleasure away from the cigar. The benefits of removing the ammonia and other crap far outweighs the loss of nicotine. I try my best to give them enough time to reach maturity because when you invest your money in Habanos you expect the top shelf. If they smoke young ones that aren't ready you cheat yourself and might as well smoke a cheap NC.

'Ready' is a subjective trait in cigars though. What you consider to be ready, I may not, and vice versa. I have quite a few friends that prefer fresher cigars than I do.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
'Ready' is a subjective trait in cigars though. What you consider to be ready, I may not, and vice versa. I have quite a few friends that prefer fresher cigars than I do.
Yes that is true as well. I just represent my opinion, my preferences from my smoking experience.

Everyone has and owns their own opinions on cigars. A lot of it depends on what people have been exposed to. I didn't know about aging when I started smoking Habanos. I took it for granted until I Smoked young Habanos. That gave me a baseline of what they should smoke like vs young.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Even as inexperienced as I am, I could tell that my RASS and Bolivar weren't really ready for prime time... Just seemed like they could've been a lot better in the second half.
As far as others, I don't really care either way about losing strength in aging, but for some, knocking off some harshness and pepper spice in the process would be welcome.