What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only been smoking about three years so I'm a relative newb. And I've probably smoked 4 or 5 nc's for very Cuban due to trying to age the CC's.
But... The first Yolanda bhk 52 was one of the best cigars I ever smoked, maybe the best. I tried a second and it wasn't as good, it was hampered by a bit of a tight draw but it was still a very good cigar.
The first monsdale was a really great smoke, perfect burn, construction, great flavor.
Likewise, the Santos corona was really good.
These are the first customs I have smoked and I'm very impressed.
I haven't tried any of the Reynaldo's yet - most of them are monster sizes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Forgive the ignorance, but what is a custom (assuming custom rolled cigar) and how does this process work when you are there?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Custom rolls are made by in house rollers at various LCDHs in Cuba. The most famous ones are:

Hamlet (RyJ Factory)
Reynaldo (Villa conde de villnueva)
La China (Partagas Factory)
Yolanda (melia cohiba)
Santos (Commodoro)
Jorge Lopez (Club Habana)
Cueto (Morra Fortress)

They each have their own specific blend and size that they are known for. For instance, La China is well know for her fantastic Salamones. Enrique Mons and Jorge Lopez are famous for the 'monsdale'

Blend depends on access to tobacco. Prices are reasonable in Cuba however, very rare to get access unless you go there or knows someone who sells them.

My favorites are Hamlets, Santos and Monsdales.

Maybe I will fire up one tonight....

Hope this helps.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly - what Maverickdrinker said.
I spoke to La China and Cueto too, both had problems with tobacco and had no supplies on hand so I missed out there. I never made it to see Hamlet. Missed him by a few minutes one day.
As I was with family I couldn't spend all my time chasing cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hamlet is no longer at the RyJ factory. Don't know the whole story but he is now rolling in a hotel of the beaten path.
Then I didn't miss him by a few minutes - I made it to the RyJ factory shop just as it had closed. Wish I'd known before hand. Would have saved me a trip.

Thanks for the info.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hamlet is no longer at the RyJ factory. Don't know the whole story but he is now rolling in a hotel of the beaten path.
spoke to Hamlet last week. He is only there for a couple of months and then he is back at RyJ. Might be doing a demonstration tour soon. Can't remember where though.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great looking boxes this week, boys!

Those HdM ELs look amazing ... I'm having a hard time holding fast to my "stick with regular production" philosophy, lol.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Geez, Tim, nice haul!

Have you tried the Wide chruchill yet? I've been thinking about grabbing some of these when I can find them in stock.