What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
10 PSD4's
What is the general opinion on humi time for these guys? I've got 2 of the 10 count boxes resting in my humidor with box code MAR 2012. I've had a couple that were pretty good ROTT.
Some guys like fresh PSD4's, but I'm exactly with JFire... 3 years is the magic trick for me to start with them, then smoke out of the box very slowly until they turn into pure butter. :)

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
If you like them fresh, it might be ok to smoke them, but I'm with JFire and Ryan. I don't like PSD4s fresh, but aged ones are something else.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just placed my first Habano order, needless to say, I'm pretty excited to receive it. Upon recommendation of some more experienced habano lovers, I went with this selection to get a wide range of what Cuban cigars can be. What do you guys think?

Mixed petite corona sampler:
5x Cohiba Siglo II
5x Bolivar petit coronas
5x H. Upmann Regalias
5x Monte. No.4
5x R&J No.2 T/A
Added in a few singles to try as well:
1x Punch Coronation Tubo ( From box code of Nov. of 2006)
1x Cohiba Secretos Maduro 5
1x Trinidad Reyes
1x Partagas Serie D. No.4

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you like them fresh, it might be ok to smoke them, but I'm with JFire and Ryan. I don't like PSD4s fresh, but aged ones are something else.
Add me to the list of those who think they get remarkably better after a few years.

Just placed my first Habano order, needless to say, I'm pretty excited to receive it. Upon recommendation of some more experienced habano lovers, I went with this selection to get a wide range of what Cuban cigars can be. What do you guys think?

Mixed petite corona sampler:
5x Cohiba Siglo II
5x Bolivar petit coronas
5x H. Upmann Regalias
5x Monte. No.4
5x R&J No.2 T/A
Added in a few singles to try as well:
1x Punch Coronation Tubo ( From box code of Nov. of 2006)
1x Cohiba Secretos Maduro 5
1x Trinidad Reyes
1x Partagas Serie D. No.4
Sounds like you got a pretty good variety to start out with. This should give you a pretty good idea of where to start exploring. Enjoy and let us know what you think of them!

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
10 PSD4's

What is the general opinion on humi time for these guys? I've got 2 of the 10 count boxes resting in my humidor with box code MAR 2012. I've had a couple that were pretty good ROTT.
I have a box from 08 that were garbage when I first sampled them after 6 months of down time. Waited til the 1 yr mark and sampled again and it was even worse! Fast forward to 2012 and they were a new cigar. IMHO they def need the long nap.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I have a box from 08 that were garbage when I first sampled them after 6 months of down time. Waited til the 1 yr mark and sampled again and it was even worse! Fast forward to 2012 and they were a new cigar. IMHO they def need the long nap.
Awesome. I look forward to smoking my 10 cigars 4 years from now.....

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
10 PSD4's
Exactly my experience Dub with my 08's. I almost swore off Partagas because of it until they hit the 3 year mark and it was an awesome cigar. Craig, you can just buy a full box of PSD4's to age 3 years and smoke the 10 you have now in the meantime! :)

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Awesome. I look forward to smoking my 10 cigars 4 years from now.....
Craig, if I were you I'd sample one to find out how they are to you. In my experience, I bought an 08 box in 09 and they didn't last till the end of the year they were so good. But the next year I'd picked up some 09's that were very disappointing. I certainly respect the opinions of the others, but my experience's have been a little different. While I truly enjoy a cc, I wouldn't say I'm a devotee; so .02 fo' sho.