What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
^ agreed. psp is worth it as well. no doubt.
I always wondered if the extra coin was worth it. With all the possible variables how could anyone tell? The dip2 I just got is a HQ box and they do look great
Maybe I'm nuts, but I don't see how you can possibly tell that one box of cigars will be better than another based on look & smell alone. Some of the best CC's I've ever had have been ones with "rustic" looking wrappers.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I always wondered if the extra coin was worth it. With all the possible variables how could anyone tell? The dip2 I just got is a HQ box and they do look great
Maybe I'm nuts, but I don't see how you can possibly tell that one box of cigars will be better than another based on look & smell alone. Some of the best CC's I've ever had have been ones with "rustic" looking wrappers.
Maybe, maybe not, but I do think there's something to be said with a guy pulling boxes that has decades of experience and has an idea of what to look for in what's consistently the best product in a particular set. Especially when most of us aren't typically getting to inspect the merchandise until arrival.

I do think some of its gimmick, but I've also ordered HQ and regular sets of the same product and at least seen some difference. I don't know that it's enough to warrant 40-50 more, but, I did find the wrappers looked nicer and it had a different smell. I will let you know in a year or two when I start to break into them.

For me, who can't inspect the product, I do like the option of having a guy do it for me, but I'm more happy to have a good product at a good price.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Ive just had good luck with the "HQ" stuff he selects. Never been disappointed.

Maybe I should send you some Kev :devil:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Ok, I give up. What the hell does HQ stand for?
High Quality. PSP is Premium Select, PE is premium economy.

It's a rating system for a site. PSP is the "best", HQ is a hair below, and then PE is basically good, but more or less average.
And BS is, well, you know.... :)

I keed, I keed. You make valid points. I just personally don't buy it.