What's new

Show/List your latest NC Purchase

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Picked these Cuesta-Reys up yesterday at a local from a 10 years old box they had. May have got me a little bit on the aged upcharge, but I am a sucker for a stick with some age on it.

On a side note, while checking out, I was talking with the cashier who I have established a bit of a relationship with. I had noticed a they had a partial box of 49 Anejos, and asked if that was all they got in. He told me there were a couple more boxes in the back, some sharks and something else. I told him I was looking for sharks, he asked if I wanted some, I said yes. He said, "They're $18.75." I said, "Nevermind."

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

Picked these Cuesta-Reys up yesterday at a local from a 10 years old box they had. May have got me a little bit on the aged upcharge, but I am a sucker for a stick with some age on it.

On a side note, while checking out, I was talking with the cashier who I have established a bit of a relationship with. I had noticed a they had a partial box of 49 Anejos, and asked if that was all they got in. He told me there were a couple more boxes in the back, some sharks and something else. I told him I was looking for sharks, he asked if I wanted some, I said yes. He said, "They're $18.75." I said, "Nevermind."
Not a terrible price. I've seen them much higher.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Not a terrible price. I've seen them much higher.
No, that is a terrible price. That's as much as Neptune charges for them, and I mock them for that constantly. I've seen some online retailers asking upwards of $35. That is completely bananas. The msrp is actually around $11 or so. I don't mind giving a B&M a couple bucks markup, add in a little for their scarcity, and I'd say $15 is the top end of what I'd personally pay. They're great, and I love them, but I'm not going to be that stupid with my money.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
No, that is a terrible price. That's as much as Neptune charges for them, and I mock them for that constantly. I've seen some online retailers asking upwards of $35. That is completely bananas. The msrp is actually around $11 or so. I don't mind giving a B&M a couple bucks markup, add in a little for their scarcity, and I'd say $15 is the top end of what I'd personally pay. They're great, and I love them, but I'm not going to be that stupid with my money.
Actually, Neptune is charging $29.95 for them right now. (In stock btw) and cigar.com is $35 (out of stock) hence my comment of not being a terrible price. I'm also not sure what your local taxes are, but in this area $18.75 would be about right for an $11 cigar after all the taxes are added in. I'm not saying I'd buy them at that price, but I wouldn't call it terrible either.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Actually, Neptune is charging $29.95 for them right now. (In stock btw) and cigar.com is $35 (out of stock) hence my comment of not being a terrible price. I'm also not sure what your local taxes are, but in this area $18.75 would be about right for an $11 cigar after all the taxes are added in. I'm not saying I'd buy them at that price, but I wouldn't call it terrible either.
Ok. I forgot about the outrageous tobacco taxes some of you guys deal with. $18.75 was before tax. I bought $40 worth of cigars, it was $42 something after taxes.
I understand $18.75 seems more reasonable than $35, but it's still not reasonable.