What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Found a diamond in the rough at least here locally for me at a somewhat new shop to the area. As I’m talking scotches and bourbons with the young guy at the counter, chatted him up with some bourbon and scotch knowledge, he offers a sample before I made the purchase. #WINNING

IMG_2929.JPG

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Found a diamond in the rough at least here locally for me at a somewhat new shop to the area. As I’m talking scotches and bourbons with the young guy at the counter, chatted him up with some bourbon and scotch knowledge, he offers a sample before I made the purchase. #WINNING
That's a new one on me. I'll have to keep an eye peeled in the unlikely event one shows up locally. I had a similar buying experience this week, though.

I mentioned in another thread that The Wife and I paid a visit to the Chateau Ste. Michelle winery as we wound up our vacation this week but we didn't buy anything to take with us because we already had a baker's dozen bottles in our luggage. So we decided to see if our local shops had any of the wines that interested us. In particular, I wanted to find their 50th anniversary "throwback" cab and the late harvest Riesling dessert wine.

First stop was my regular shop but they had neither. While talking to one of the wine guys, though, he mentioned that he was recently there and brought back six bottles of something special and when it was gone, it was gone. It was a dessert wine...a 2008 Muffato della Sala from Antinori...and it was botrytized. Being a sucker for botrytis, I snapped one bottle up and on the way out, he came back to me and said a competitor across town had the cab.