What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
No picture, but I grabbed a single bottle each of the bourbon county stout, barley wine, and the blueberry/almond stout. My wife isn't going to be happy when she sees the bill, but it's limited release, one time a year, and I have been working my ass off so I treated myself to something she would never buy me. One of those situations where forgiveness is better than permission. I have a cigar rolling event in a few weeks that will more than cover it so I'm not going to sweat it one bit.
Huh, glad i didn't see the other stuff... just the zombie dust, yummmm

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Late to the party, but I ship booze in beer trades all the time. Don't tell the po the contents. Wrap everything in bubble wrap and bottles get wrapped in ziplocks in case they break so they still get delivered and nobody gets in trouble. As long as the recipient doesn't care about original packaging that will fit in a medium flat rate box easy peasy.
Thanks

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Shipping beer or booze is a pain, but I found a system that works.
Put the bottle in a large zip look Baggie then wrap in bubble wrap.
I buy 3 ft. long cardboard shipping tubes and cut them in 12 inch lengths. Shove the wrapped bottles in the tubes and fill the ends with more bubble wrap or paper. You can fit 5 easily, or 6 with some effort in a large USPS flat rate box. 18 bucks.
I have heard that you can use noodle pool floats cut to bottle and box size in a similar way, but this works for me.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!
That does help, thank you

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
How was this?
I haven't opened it yet but think I am going to let it sit for awhile, last batch was good with lots of apricot and citrus but felt the oak was a touch strong and counterbalance the citrus.

Hopefully with some rest the profile will be more balanced and not fight each other. Still delicious and well worth it. I guess I got spoiled as I usually have access to their releases the day of and their taproom.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I haven't opened it yet but think I am going to let it sit for awhile, last batch was good with lots of apricot and citrus but felt the oak was a touch strong and counterbalance the citrus.

Hopefully with some rest the profile will be more balanced and not fight each other. Still delicious and well worth it. I guess I got spoiled as I usually have access to their releases the day of and their taproom.
Must be nice!