What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Unspecified Bunker in El Paso - status: vagabond
Choices, choices ..

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
F choices, had a single each of Buffalo Trace with the first half and Spice Tree with the second. The BT mellowed out with the aged EP Carrillo Dark Rituals which is very different from the last time i had it years ago, still budget taste, but better; either way, the my BT and the two just both tasted mellow, but with the spices from the Spice Tree, they were both absolutely delicious, the vanilla from the CB was just wonderful with the mild leather and caramel. I'm a happy guy right now.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GlenAllachie 10 Batch 5
After a lot of searching I found a bottle from a liquor store in California that sells online. (I’m in central Texas and couldn’t find it anywhere within 100 miles.) Just got it in last week and was immediately struck by the dark color. The first taste was simply WOW! I’m no expert, but what an explosion of flavor. If you like sherried single malts, you should give this a try. I like Arran Sherry Cask and Aberlour A’bunadh, but to me this Glenallachie has a more vibrant taste. My hat’s off to Billy Walker. It looks like he created another winner.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you like that "sweeter" profile like I do, I also recommend this one:

View attachment 166960
Both Zacapa and Diplimatico are very good. I’ve really got into some of the slightly less sweet rims where they are not adding sugar, with my current favorite rums being from Privateer International. If you come across one of these, I’d highly recommend picking it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Zacapa and Diplimatico are very good. I’ve really got into some of the slightly less sweet rims where they are not adding sugar, with my current favorite rums being from Privateer International. If you come across one of these, I’d highly recommend picking it up.

Looks like that isn’t available in PA:cry:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

I've tried rum once, and it was cuban rum. I can't remember the name, but it was so ridiculously sweet I couldn't take another sip.
I'm interested in trying something like you showed above if it's way less sweet. Anymore recommendations are appreciated!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@highsierrasmokin'

There are lots of really terrific rums that won't make you think you're drinking candy. Rum has such a tremendous range of flavors, densities, age it's hard to make a recommendation. If you want just a fleeting touch of sweet try Doorly's 12, Clement VSOP is scotch like. It would be best to find out what is available and in your price range then see if the flavor profile is something you would be good with. Here's a couple of links that provide a pretty comprehensive if not exhaustive list of rums with their sugar levels. Rum and cigars are one of my favorite pairings, "if it grows together it goes together"

Sugar Tests - Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum

This list is a bit shorter and talks about the process

Hydrometer Tests (thefatrumpirate.com)

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@highsierrasmokin'

There are lots of really terrific rums that won't make you think you're drinking candy. Rum has such a tremendous range of flavors, densities, age it's hard to make a recommendation. If you want just a fleeting touch of sweet try Doorly's 12, Clement VSOP is scotch like. It would be best to find out what is available and in your price range then see if the flavor profile is something you would be good with. Here's a couple of links that provide a pretty comprehensive if not exhaustive list of rums with their sugar levels. Rum and cigars are one of my favorite pairings, "if it grows together it goes together"

Sugar Tests - Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum

This list is a bit shorter and talks about the process

Hydrometer Tests (thefatrumpirate.com)
Excellent! Thank you Al!