What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Private barrel picks are pretty much my preference now. It’s gotten crazy trying to hunt for allocated bottles at non-secondary prices. And getting to help pick some of the barrels for the club has been awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely agree with you..... Well, at least I did until you posted a Pappy in the very next post. 171511:LOL::LOL:

But seriously, congrats!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dang Carlos @Texican , you got the second batch of the 2022 Booker's before the first batch has even appeared in Chicago. Congrats!
Thanks! I have NO idea why Booker's is so hard to get ahold of here. This was literally the second bottle I've ever even seen in person. Still have the unopened Tagalong. Only took me traveling 1k miles to get it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Got curious. Might regret it, but $40something is still within "I don't feel too bad about putting it in egg nog" range, albeit right at the upper limit. Although @icehog3 's influence upon my bourbon tastes of late will likely make 86 proof taste like sweet tea. :ROFLMAO:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Texican , not only is it 86 proof, but it's finished in wine barrels.

Not my jam at all Carlos, hope you enjoy it though.
I get too curious for my own good sometimes. Worst case scenario...I've been meaning to make a big batch of bourbon balls to go with the egg nog this Christmas. :ROFLMAO:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I get too curious for my own good sometimes. Worst case scenario...I've been meaning to make a big batch of bourbon balls to go with the egg nog this Christmas. :ROFLMAO:
That's why I am glad a couple liquor stores near me have bares in them, so if I am that curious, I can buy a pour before I commit to a bottle. 9 times out of ten, I don't end up buying that bottle I was so curious about.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's why I am glad a couple liquor stores near me have bares in them, so if I am that curious, I can buy a pour before I commit to a bottle. 9 times out of ten, I don't end up buying that bottle I was so curious about.
The worst one I've bought to date was a $70 bottle of Black Saddle. Was told by two different people that it is supposed to be very similar to Blanton's. Worst $70 I ever spent, and it has, by proxy, ruined any desire I have to try Blanton's. :mad: :ROFLMAO:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The worst one I've bought to date was a $70 bottle of Black Saddle. Was told by two different people that it is supposed to be very similar to Blanton's. Worst $70 I ever spent, and it has, by proxy, ruined any desire I have to try Blanton's. :mad: :ROFLMAO:
Blanton's has nice flavor. At 89 proof it's too light for my palate, but at retail ($55-59) it's a good bottle. For double or more...forget about it.

I have had a few store picks from stores I usually like that were caustic.

Worst moderately priced bottle I ever bought was Basil Hayden Dark Rye. Drain pour was too good for it. I'll avoid most BH variations like the plague now.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's a *%&#^ miracle, I found an actual allocated bottle in the wild. $23 LOL. Sometimes I don't understand how bourbon demand works...