What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Had a pretty successful trip to Louisville and the bourbon trail this weekend. Here's what I managed to pick-up:
- Peerless Single Barrel bourbon
- Woodford Reserve Toasted Oak Oat Grain
- Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit (I had the pleasure of meeting Master Distiller Jimmy Russell and he signed the bottle for me)
- Angel's Envy Single Barrel
- Angel's Envy Rye Ice Cider finshed

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It's a *%&#^ miracle, I found an actual allocated bottle in the wild. $23 LOL. Sometimes I don't understand how bourbon demand works...

View attachment 172863
What is insane is that BT is considered "allocated" in your area Carlos. Most of the grocery stores here have it on the shelf regularly, not to mention the liquor stores.

@M1B1, nice scores. That AE Cider pick is bringing big bucks on the secondary market too.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What is insane is that BT is considered "allocated" in your area Carlos. Most of the grocery stores here have it on the shelf regularly, not to mention the liquor stores.
Yeah, i don't get it either. It's bizarre to have a "Allocated - limit one per customer please" sign right next to a $23 price tag. :ROFLMAO:

Granted, I've only been looking intensely for around a year...but if memory serves, the only allocated bottles I've encountered in the wild are Booker's one time, BT one time, Eagle Rare once, and Weller Special Reserve...which seems to be the ONLY allocated item that you can easily and regularly find around here that stays on the shelves. And that one...I've tried it and have NO idea why it's allocated.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Had a pretty successful trip to Louisville and the bourbon trail this weekend. Here's what I managed to pick-up:
- Peerless Single Barrel bourbon
- Woodford Reserve Toasted Oak Oat Grain
- Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit (I had the pleasure of meeting Master Distiller Jimmy Russell and he signed the bottle for me)
- Angel's Envy Single Barrel
- Angel's Envy Rye Ice Cider finshed

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
Hell of a haul. I bet that Peerless is gonna be amazing. I absolutely love their regular Small Batch. And the Rye is also phenomenal.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hard to go wrong with Knob Creek, Chayse....unless we're talking the Maple crap. :LOL:
One of my favorites Tom, was slim pickings at the liquor store we went to and pricey but for the price it’s hard to beat. Kinda went in with four roses single barrel or small batch but had none. It was $47 before tax.

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Local store got a couple cases of this in, and it was going like hotcakes. Reviews of previous releases are full of praise.

Revolution Brewing Imperial Rye Stout "Thunder Taker", transferred to a Weller Full Proof bourbon barrel for aging. Over 16% ABV. I'm bringing it to a herf tomorrow, hope it's a hit at $36 a 4 pack. :LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Local store got a couple cases of this in, and it was going like hotcakes. Reviews of previous releases are full of praise.

Revolution Brewing Imperial Rye Stout "Thunder Taker", transferred to a Weller Full Proof bourbon barrel for aging. Over 16% ABV. I'm bringing it to a herf tomorrow, hope it's a hit at $36 a 4 pack. :LOL:

I've been digging the bourbon barrel aged stuff lately. When we were in Indy, my buddy and I picked up these to drink back at the hotel after a long day of driving to and from Kentucky. They were delicious, but after one each apiece, we were wobbly. :ROFLMAO:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've been digging the bourbon barrel aged stuff lately. When we were in Indy, my buddy and I picked up these to drink back at the hotel after a long day of driving to and from Kentucky. They were delicious, but after one each apiece, we were wobbly. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 173696

View attachment 173697
Those are a couple of my go-tos if I'm craving bourbon stouts, Carlos. I think I have some Goose Islands from 2019 and 2020 still, and often get the Dragon's Milk at a pub we frequent that's right across the street from a concert venue we see a lot of shows at.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Good god at 16% Abv lol

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Made it a good month and a half without buying more bourbon. Just went in to peruse, but we know how that goes. Was gonna get the 46, but then I saw a store pick and figured what the hell. Been meaning to try something from Makers aside from their standard bourbon. Anybody had good luck with one of these store pick MM?