What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
My bourbon education continues.
Good inexpensive daily with a good following. I keep it on the bar. That's a rye though so keep that in mind as you further your education.
I noticed they had a "rye" version in addition to this one. What's the difference besides the obvious?
U caught me before the edit cuz that's not the rye but you are already aware they do have a rye. I'm the worst at describing flavors which is why you'll never see me do a review lol but the ryes typically have a spicier fuller flavor. Since youre calling it education i was mainly saying when you try a rye just note it because some people don't like the rye taste and therefore say they dont like whiskey not understanding that all whiskeys are not ryes and/or don't contain rye in the mash.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good inexpensive daily with a good following. I keep it on the bar. That's a rye though so keep that in mind as you further your education.
I noticed they had a "rye" version in addition to this one. What's the difference besides the obvious?
Haven't had that one in particular, but rye tends to be slightly dryer and, to me, more complex, which is why I favor it. The ones I gravitate toward have a lot of vanilla and caramel from the wood, plus lots of cinnamon, clove, cracked pepper, and even some notes of dried fruits and black tea.

Bourbons tend to be cereal sweet, with a round corn flavor, lots of candies citrus peel, burnt sugar, and light baking spice.

Just my two cents :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and my latest purchases in the last week or two are Jeffersons 10yr Rye, Allagash Coolship Resurgam (brewery only Geuze) and Allagash FV 13 (tiny run of wild ale) you can see the neck if the rye bottle peeking out behind the beer lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363326490.900726.jpg

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

Haven't had that one in particular, but rye tends to be slightly dryer and, to me, more complex, which is why I favor it. The ones I gravitate toward have a lot of vanilla and caramel from the wood, plus lots of cinnamon, clove, cracked pepper, and even some notes of dried fruits and black tea.

Bourbons tend to be cereal sweet, with a round corn flavor, lots of candies citrus peel, burnt sugar, and light baking spice.

Gotcha. I'll have to pick up a bottle of their rye next time to try it out then. Thanks, fellas.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0

Gotcha. I'll have to pick up a bottle of their rye next time to try it out then. Thanks, fellas.
Yeah Kevin I defiantly would give rye a try good stuff.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
No pictures but I picked up a bottle of Midnight Moon blackberry moonshine which is delicious mixed half n half with ginger ale. Also picked up a bottle of Absente Absinthe refined. Had absinthe years ago but it didn't have the wormwood root in it and it's now legal in CO. Had two glasses last night and all I can say is yum! Like a muscle relaxer in a bottle! lol

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Walked into my local and grabbed two bottles on a whim.....

Angels Envy Bourbon
Jefferson's Presidential 18 year Bourbon
and a bunch of beer.

I'll post a picture when I get home.
P1030801.jpg
Very very very excited about the Jefferson's 18!!!!

Last edited:

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Went to my local bottle shop today for a beer tasting, in typical fashion I walked out with a box of brews and an Arrogant Bastard pint glass.

edit: Sorry for the bad picture quality