What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
No pictures, but I am sure everyone knows what the Elijah Craig 12 yr. and Zacapa 23 yr. bottles look like. Those. Got 'em yesterday.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I got a fifth of the Laphroig QC in a trade a while back....early into my scotch drinking.....(still am actually)...

It is NOT for a newbie Scotch drinker. That I can agree with....Bandaids though?? I could see that perhaps...

But heavy campfire smoke flavor, and lots o' peat!.....typical of the Islay malts.

Gimmie the Speysides, or the Highland Malts....

You'll enjoy that Balvenie though Nate....I'd go with that one first!
Thanks for that. My first peaty Scotch was a Bowmore, and I really like it! Haven't tapped that QC yet though. The uber-peaty thing is very different, yes, and at this point I don't reach for it as often--have to be in the mood for it specifically. But I do like it.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well the wife and I picked up 28 bottles of wine, mostly whites, about 6 red, and two ports while in Geneva NY. I was staying on Seneca lake and damn they have some good wineries up there. While there I also picked up some beer. Got some Flying Dog Raging Bitch, Ommegang Abby Ale, Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence, Ommegang Ommegeddon, DFH Panagea, Sierra Nevada Gran Cru, and Duvel Gift set with a glass. Nothing rare really but I was able to get singles and 4/6 packs at a reasonable price in NY vs having to buy a case of rare things in PA.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This is what happens when I go searching for a beer at a couple different stores and don't find it........I find other ones. Same damn thing happens when I'm looking for smokes at B&M's. Go figure.

Attachments

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Since I was already taking pictures.....and I happened to go to the beer store today (as well as had a recent shipment arrive), figured might as well post the damage...

I used to think I just had a cigar problem....

I now know, I can shorten that sentence to....I have a problem. :eyequiver

Attachments

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Some Christmas Spirits to make the holiday warm and fuzzy. Just a few cabinet staples. Already dipped into the Sherry by the time I got around to taking a photo.

BeerAdvocate

BeerHunter
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I can say that this is the most expensive bottle of beer I have ever bought.
$50 for a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Rare
Bourbon County Stout is one of my favorite beers so I couldnt pass this up.

"Bourbon County Stout Brewed in 2008, aged for 24 months in 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle Barrels. Barrels were originally filled with Pappy Van Winkle in 1985. We have 50 bourbon barrels aging, it will be a one time bottling, it will not be repeated."
A total of 940 cases (11,000 bottles)

Attachments