What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Having a Diamond Knot Brewing Co. Brown Ale while watching the Giants and Braves. This is a brewery out of Mukilteo, WA. Pretty tasty brown!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Went out to look for a heat gun, ended up at the beer store and came back with the following:

awhitaker

HoosierOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a sixer of Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA and a bottle of Stone Russian Imperial Stout Limited Release. I love the 90-minute but the 60-minute is good and less filling. The Stone is my first bottle of Russian Imperial Stout. Really good,sweet,thick and flavorful. Will definitely have to try some more Russian Imperial Stouts.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Went a little overboard today.

Btl Highland Park 12yr

and

375 ml Knob Creek

I think I am pretty much covered! :)

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Thanks to that Doublewood thread, I had to go out and find a bottle. I was VERY surprised to find a Japanese shop that had a pretty nice selection, and I actually found it. I bought a couple others too :) The Laphroaig will be my first non-chill filtered Scotch, so I'm looking forward to that. And I was amazed to find they had one bottle of the Jura. I had heard it was great.

EDIT: Turns out the Jura is not the one I thought it was, I was looking for the "Prophesy" version. So I'm going to bring this back and get the bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra that I was eyeing :)

Last edited:

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Thanks to that Doublewood thread, I had to go out and find a bottle. I was VERY surprised to find a Japanese shop that had a pretty nice selection, and I actually found it. I bought a couple others too :) The Laphroaig will be my first non-chill filtered Scotch, so I'm looking forward to that. And I was amazed to find they had one bottle of the Jura. I had heard it was great.

EDIT: Turns out the Jura is not the one I thought it was, I was looking for the "Prophesy" version. So I'm going to bring this back and get the bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra that I was eyeing :)

:youarethe

Oh man!!!!! :thumbsup:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The Laphroig is going to be like licking a band aid!
I got a fifth of the Laphroig QC in a trade a while back....early into my scotch drinking.....(still am actually)...

It is NOT for a newbie Scotch drinker. That I can agree with....Bandaids though?? I could see that perhaps...

But heavy campfire smoke flavor, and lots o' peat!.....typical of the Islay malts.

Gimmie the Speysides, or the Highland Malts....

You'll enjoy that Balvenie though Nate....I'd go with that one first!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I need to try some of those Islay scotches. I made a beer with peated malt and I love the beer. It goes great with cigars and especially well with some english pipe tobacco.