What's new

Show your shots!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Alright, I'll play. A bit of a detailed rundown. I'm an emergency scene photographer (as a small side job) here on Long Island. And being an active volunteer firefighter I've seen it all from behind the camera and on the front lines as a volunteer. I enjoy telling the story behind the things we do and open the eyes of others who have their good (and bad) opinions of EMS, firefighters and police. I'll be honest here...and say the things I've seen and been through I hope nobody would ever see. But sadly, it happens and yes, there's been MANY alarms I wish I could un-see. But the men and women who put themselves in harms way for another is truly amazing. And this makes me proud to capture what they do here.

On my attached photos is my website name I share with 4 friends who also do the photography with me. We do cover the fun stuff as well such as drill team racing and parades. So if the emergency scene pictures aren't your cup of tea, which is ok too, check out some of our other galleries too!

And no, NONE of us will ever post pictures of any victims face for their privacy.

Here's a shot I took 2 days ago at a commercial building fire...the Police flag flying proud on the front of a ladder truck...

And this fully involved auto prior to arriving FD apparatus...

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Alright, I'll play. A bit of a detailed rundown. I'm an emergency scene photographer (as a small side job) here on Long Island. And being an active volunteer firefighter I've seen it all from behind the camera and on the front lines as a volunteer. I enjoy telling the story behind the things we do and open the eyes of others who have their good (and bad) opinions of EMS, firefighters and police. I'll be honest here...and say the things I've seen and been through I hope nobody would ever see. But sadly, it happens and yes, there's been MANY alarms I wish I could un-see. But the men and women who put themselves in harms way for another is truly amazing. And this makes me proud to capture what they do here.

On my attached photos is my website name I share with 4 friends who also do the photography with me. We do cover the fun stuff as well such as drill team racing and parades. So if the emergency scene pictures aren't your cup of tea, which is ok too, check out some of our other galleries too!

And no, NONE of us will ever post pictures of any victims face for their privacy.

Here's a shot I took 2 days ago at a commercial building fire...the Police flag flying proud on the front of a ladder truck...

And this fully involved auto prior to arriving FD apparatus...

Great write up! And awesome pictures!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just a quick test shot with the brand spankin' new camera body:

Canon EOS 6D, 24-105mm f/4L @ 45mm — exposure: 1/40th sec, f/4, ISO 1600
Side question, how do you like the 24-105? I have looked into that one as an everyday walk around lens, but fear I would want a 2.8 instead. I like the fact that lens covers such a large range. But I feel like I would want the ability for a more shallow depth of field of a 2.8.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Side question, how do you like the 24-105? I have looked into that one as an everyday walk around lens, but fear I would want a 2.8 instead. I like the fact that lens covers such a large range. But I feel like I would want the ability for a more shallow depth of field of a 2.8.
As you suggest, I like the lens a lot as a walk-around work horse and for candids. There are times, though, that I dearly wish Canon had gone the extra measure to make it a 2.8...but then there'd likely be a not-insignificant weight penalty as there is with the 70-200 L lenses. And the reality is, it doesn't really limit me in most situations. Even though there are times you really need it, it's only one more stop and shooting at 105mm from a distance of 10 feet, the difference in depth between f/4 and f/2.8 is only 1 inch (5" vs 4", respectively), according to my lens app. The sample image below shows my dog, Kroger. You can see that focus falls off pretty quickly from the dewlap on back.

Canon EOS 20D, 24-105mm f/4L @ 82mm — exposure: 1/320th sec, f/4, ISO 800

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nice shot. And yes it looks like it drops off pretty quickly at 82mm. I own all primes with f2.8 or less. But am looking for a zoom I can carry around all day without having to bring the entire camera bag. The 24-70 or the 24-105 would fit the bill. Just haven't decided yet whether I want the extra zoom range or f-stop.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a spare moment to upload a couple shots from my honeymoon.
Niagara Falls.
KWG_1851 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_1823 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_1842 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_1874 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_1877 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_1773 by Shift_Six, on Flickr

Vermont.
KWG_2100 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_2112 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_2124 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_1966 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_1946 by Shift_Six, on Flickr

New Hampshire.
KWG_2401 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_2393 by Shift_Six, on Flickr

Maine.
KWG_2452 by Shift_Six, on Flickr
KWG_2523 by Shift_Six, on Flickr

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I don't take photos much anymore although I enjoy it. I like taking abstract stuff focusing on composition or colors and objects....anyway, this is a couple things from one of my photography classes in college anyway.

a couple of portraits I did of a friend for a project (this stuff is all post edited btw)
fancybig-photo-6.jpg

fancybig-photo-3.jpg

and just a few abstracts i took while walking around:
fancybig-photo-1.jpg
fancybig-photo-5.jpg
fancybig-photo-4.jpg