What's new

Since Aristocrat Is No Longer an Option.....

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Update.

The humidor finally arrived. It took nearly 4 months, but I know Matt is swamped and I was not in a rush. The thing is absolutely gorgeous. I will get some pictures going here this week as I get the transition taken care of.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've used almost every type of humidor out there. .. .easiest and cheapest is Tupperware by far. I have at least 6 of the 2.5 gallon size that house around 250 cigars where I put cedar trays inside for that great transfer.. .I keep 8 ounces of KL and one shot glass of DW inside that I can see temp/RH thru the opaque lid. .. that keeps me from opening it up like I have ADD. RH is pegged at 65%RH... the money saved let's me buy more cigars.
How often do you change the KL?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I started using KL in my cooler (now coolers) 7+ years ago on the recommendation of @Cigary43 and others and could not be happier.

I am still using the same KL I started with in my first cooler and have not replaced it yet.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I started using KL in my cooler (now coolers) 7+ years ago on the recommendation of @Cigary43 and others and could not be happier.

I am still using the same KL I started with in my first cooler and have not replaced it yet.
Take a pic of some of your coolers to see the setup.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm curious does anyone actually use the active humidifications that come with Aristocrats or Avallos? Now you all have me concerned!!!! Ha.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Take a pic of some of your coolers to see the setup.

Here are some pictures for you. The containers that work good are ones like this that lunch meat comes in.

Here are some pictures of similar ones in use inside my cooler. I have a wire storage rack that I use to separate the cooler into top and bottom layers. The second container with KL is underneath this rack on the left side of the second picture.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm curious does anyone actually use the active humidifications that come with Aristocrats or Avallos? Now you all have me concerned!!!! Ha.
Absolutely, it's the best humidification system out there. Completely automated and accurate. Just change the sponge every so often before they get gross. I just buy humidifier wicks large enough to cut up to the right size. I also have a large Heartfelt bead container in the bottom of the cabinet to keep the humidity even down there. I don't wet it btw.