What's new

Slave's Edgestar 28 build

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Slave,

BTW Im a big Eagles fan myself sorry to say.

I have not added a ETC to the unit and the temp at the warmest is 61 degrees, do you think this is too cold? The RH is now up to 70%

I am concerned about plugging the drainage hole because of condensation issues. Just for kicks I plugged it temporaliy with masking tape and the water leaked ouy of back of unit and onto floor,the unit seems to be working fine with the drainage hole left unplugged, what are your thoughts on the low temp and the drainage issues?

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hey Slave,

BTW Im a big Eagles fan myself sorry to say.

I have not added a ETC to the unit and the temp at the warmest is 61 degrees, do you think this is too cold? The RH is now up to 70%

I am concerned about plugging the drainage hole because of condensation issues. Just for kicks I plugged it temporaliy with masking tape and the water leaked ouy of back of unit and onto floor,the unit seems to be working fine with the drainage hole left unplugged, what are your thoughts on the low temp and the drainage issues?
Well, there are two schools of thought on this...1 says plug the drain, the other says you dont need to.

I'm of the opinion, that not plugging the drain IS going to affect the rh inside of the unit in some way...either raising or lowering it depending on the temp/humidity of the outside air.

Now, if you plug it: Yes, you wil need to figure out a way to get rid of the condensation that will inevitibly pool up and run down the back wall of the unit and onto the floor. This is where most guys wil build a ramp and drains into some kind of container that they can then empty whenever needed. (See my original post...pics of my ramp are in there).

As for the temp...that's really up to you...if 61 is the warmest, what is the coldest it gets? I personally have mine running at 63-68, nut as long as your cigars are smoking good, a few degrees here or there shouldn't really matter.

Humidity wise, I would personally drop it down to around 65%...I noticed when I first got mine and had it around 70, I had some burn issues with my smokes unless I dry boxed them for 12-24 hours. After dropping to 65%, I don't have those issues anymore.

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
SHIPPED!!!

Tracking info in hand!!! My drawers will arrive on Thursday.

:cjump::cjump::cjump::cjump::cjump::cjump::cjump:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Slave,

What order # did you have? How much time did it take you to receive the trays after you paid?
I'll chime in here as another data point. I had a custom sized order that accidentally was put to the back of the stack... so it took 10 months (paid April 2010, received Feb 2011). I doubt anyone's experience will be longer but Chuck made good on it in my book - so count me as a satisfied customer.

I am very pleased with the workmanship.

Looking forward to the updated pics, Slave!

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Slave,

What order # did you have? How much time did it take you to receive the trays after you paid?
Order #457...4 (2 single, 2 double) stained front trays...and I'm sitting at 134 days right now.

Unfortunately, Fed-Ex changed my delivery date to tomorrow...it's in Phoenix, but for some reason didn't get on the truck for delivery today.

So 1 more day...

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Feb 11, 2011 8:16 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery - PHOENIX, AZ :yes:
Feb 11, 2011 4:47 AM - At local FedEx facility - PHOENIX, AZ
Feb 10, 2011 7:02 PM - Departed FedEx location - PHOENIX, AZ
Feb 10, 2011 7:57 AM - Arrived at FedEx location - PHOENIX, AZ
Feb 8, 2011 4:39 AMI - In transit - GROVE CITY, OH
Feb 8, 2011 2:21 AM - Left FedEx origin facility - RICHFIELD, OH
Feb 7, 2011 7:03 PM - Arrived at FedEx location - RICHFIELD, OH