What's new

Slave's Edgestar 28 build

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
OK guys...the pics are up (in the first post) from the electronics part of the build...

Let me know what you guys think so far...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
where are the pics
First post.

I like this idea, and thanks for sharing it with us.
The blue light from the fans looks cool, looking forward to seeing it completed.

my .02 on the fans, 4 80mm fans is total overkill
you could have gotten away with just using 2 30mm or 40mm fans in it

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Got my Shilala beads in yesterday...Now that the rh is up to an acceptable level, I was gonna throw my desktop humi in there, if nothing else, to keep my current stash at a better temperature, but found out that it doesn't fit...lol

I'm gonna try and grab some empty boxes tomorrow and fill her up with them to try and keep things nice during the long wait for my chasidor stuff.

Hopefully I'll at least get the shelves in soon...I know the trays will take (alot) longer.

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Tossed in a bunch of empty boxes in there last night and I guess they were thirsty cuz my rh plummeted from 68% down to about 40% in the span of a few hours. I checked this afternoon and it was up to about 45%. Should I put a container of distilled water in there to bring things up or just let it sit for a few days to see if it can fix itself?

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Tossed in a bunch of empty boxes in there last night and I guess they were thirsty cuz my rh plummeted from 68% down to about 40% in the span of a few hours. I checked this afternoon and it was up to about 45%. Should I put a container of distilled water in there to bring things up or just let it sit for a few days to see if it can fix itself?
I'd say yes to the container of distilled water. Just throw a bowl or two in there to get the humidity up. Unit looks awesome!

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks guys...I've had fun designing/building this thing. I know I went a bit overboard on some stuff, but that was kind of the intent...I wanted it to be fun.

I added a couple more pics of my condensation fix since the drain hole is plugged and that condensation now has nowhere to go...basically contructed a ramp out of the water catch that used to be on the back of the unit. Check out the pics in the original post to see.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Looks like you're enjoying the build! I went thru many of the same steps, but ended up removing the fans due to over-drying of the beads. Plus, it filled up rather quickly and I needed the xtra space. Once I was happy with the temp and RH, I found myself buying everything in sight...

It's looking good -Have fun!

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Added a couple more pics of the Chasidor cedar shelves to the original post.

Now if I could just get the Chasidor trays, she would be complete.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I got my Chasidor trays yesterday. damn they look great. i have to add some water glasses becuase they are very dry. that is no big deal. they look great, i may have to get the shilala beads.

does anyone know how to add a lock to an edgestar. i would like to keep the prying eyes out of the box.