What's new

Small Wineador

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought a lot about a small wineador too. Something the size of a desktop humidaor, maybe 6 bottles or something. I think in the end though I will go with a NewAir 28 bottle. Its tried and true and there are a lot of people using them who know the little tricks it takes to make them work the right way. There is also the benefit of easily being able to find nice shelves.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was really wanting the newair 28 but money is tight at the moment and I got this 18 bottle for $109

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have one that I picked up on craigslist for $50. I don't really use it- mostly for emergency temp issues and future overflow :thumbsup: It does work well for a few boxes- mine has two separate compartments and each can hold about three boxes comfortably. Definitely could hold more sticks though if you got a tray and stacked em in there or something. It's a relatively hassle free choice when used with beads since there is such a small real estate to humidify. Though, depending on your number of sticks most all wineadors are hassle free when combined with beads. So, really depends on your stash and the price as to whether its worth it. .02

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A guy at work has a 24 bottle on the for sale boards for $35 and I just sent him an email. I may have yet another humidor coming for my stash.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I've been on the hunt for a large wine cooler to convert for a little while.. but came across an absolute steal on a small one (12 bottle).. so Im seriously thinking about going that route now.. ($20.. brand new, still in the box.. was a Christmas present last year to someone who doesnt want it, and is just wanting it out of the house).. I figure it will slide into the closet in my office nicely and not take up too much real estate.. and should let me finally escape the multiple snapware, and pelican box solution Ive been using for overflow... I can always upgrade to a bigger one later..

now to order some trays!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
literally just picked it up a couple of hours ago on my way back in town..

wont be able to screw with it much until I get back home next week (leaving town again early tomorrow morning and wont be back until the following sunday afternoon)... but Im stoked!

going to be fun filling it up :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
This one is a basic 12 bottle Emerson... But for $20 I couldnt pass it up... Looks like I can 3x medium trays in there and multiple boxes... Should be enough to meet my needs for now....

I'm going to get some cedar planks and line the walls, floor, and ceiling... And replace the wire shells with cedar shelves as well... Then I'll be set!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
well... that didnt take too long....

had my 12 bottle wineador for a total of 20 days (wasnt in town for 11 of those days.. spent a week OCONUS.. and a few days traveling for Christmas)... all it took was a couple of trips to my favorite B&M.. picking up a couple of singles here and there while on the road.. a couple of small packs while OCONUS.. and a few orders from CI, Famous, and BNB Tobacco online... and poof... Im done!

Ive got some custom trays coming from Forrest.. that should open up a little more space when they get here (will be a little more efficient in the way I put stuff in there)..

but Im thinking I should have held out for a bigger wineador... in less than 3 weeks I am back in coolers and tupperware :(

its a slippery, slippery slope indeed lol....

:starrylov

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
well... that didnt take too long....

had my 12 bottle wineador for a total of 20 days (wasnt in town for 11 of those days.. spent a week OCONUS.. and a few days traveling for Christmas)... all it took was a couple of trips to my favorite B&M.. picking up a couple of singles here and there while on the road.. a couple of small packs while OCONUS.. and a few orders from CI, Famous, and BNB Tobacco online... and poof... Im done!

Ive got some custom trays coming from Forrest.. that should open up a little more space when they get here (will be a little more efficient in the way I put stuff in there)..

but Im thinking I should have held out for a bigger wineador... in less than 3 weeks I am back in coolers and tupperware :(

its a slippery, slippery slope indeed lol....

:starrylov
Time to sit back, relax and light a few up??? One at a time of course! :D

Phil

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Time to sit back, relax and light a few up??? One at a time of course! :D

Phil
Im planning on it!

(right after I source a second wineador... maybe an 18 or 24 bottle this time... on craigslist... :) )....
I'm on the hunt as well. Time to trade up to something more stable and permanent.

Good luck on your quest for more storage. My guess is you will fill it also, regardless of size. ;)

Phil