What's new

Smokers

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Smoking a pork shoulder today. Here's an action shot about 2 hours in.

I've been smoking lots of ribs but not much else the last couple months. Still want to do a brisket but they're not too common in the store and are always too big so far.

I've talked about my smoker so much and we've had another couple over several times where we've served fresh smoked meat that my buddy decided to get the exact same smoker! Of course I had to set him up with the same redi check thermometer and claws that my secret Santa set me up with!

Anyway, I'm using pecan chunks today because it's all I had on hand. Looking forward to tonight!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I just finished reading this whole thread and must say everyone's results look delicious.
I used to have a New Braunfels wood smoker that I really loved. It disappeared in a tornado and ended up getting a Weber Kettle since I mostly do steak, ribs, burgers and brats. I have learned I can do a 3 hour smoke on the Kettle with charcoal and wood chunks, but am limited from butts and long term low and slow.
For those who enjoy saucing your chicken and ribs towards the end of a cook, I like to spritz the meat with orange or tangerine juice a few times starting about 30 minutes before saucing. The heat will cause the OJ to make a nice sticky surface to help hold the BBQ sauce to the meat and also adds another layer of flavor.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Awesome brother! Is that an Oklahoma Joe smoker?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Yes sir. And the chicken turned out amazing. Gotta get used to keeping the temp regulated and probably get a better thermometer. Took a little longer than it should have so everyone jumped and i didnt get a picture of the end result. But rest assured that nobody was disappointed.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yes sir. And the chicken turned out amazing. Gotta get used to keeping the temp regulated and probably get a better thermometer. Took a little longer than it should have so everyone jumped and i didnt get a picture of the end result. But rest assured that nobody was disappointed.
Talk to @stin187 he built a drum smoker and put some temperature control in it for not a lot of cash.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
First time smoking a Turkey today! Total time on the smoker was 5 to 5.5 hours in the smoke vault 24. Thanks again Santa - we use this ALL the time. Smoking has become a hobby itself.

Anyway... My wife made the rub so no idea what's in it! Put it on the smoker this morning and let the heat come up very slowly for maximum smoke time. It was under 225 for probably ~3 hours or so. After a couple rounds of chips, I bumped the temp up to 250-270 or so to help make sure it didn't get dried out. I was a little worried it would get too dry, but not a chance. Turkey came out perfect and nice and moist!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
First time smoking a Turkey today! Total time on the smoker was 5 to 5.5 hours in the smoke vault 24. Thanks again Santa - we use this ALL the time. Smoking has become a hobby itself.

Anyway... My wife made the rub so no idea what's in it! Put it on the smoker this morning and let the heat come up very slowly for maximum smoke time. It was under 225 for probably ~3 hours or so. After a couple rounds of chips, I bumped the temp up to 250-270 or so to help make sure it didn't get dried out. I was a little worried it would get too dry, but not a chance. Turkey came out perfect and nice and moist!

The bird looks good, Ron. Nicely done.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Looking good, Ron!