What's new

Smoking in the Car?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for those of you that smoke (cigars) in the car. Since I live in Northeast NJ, I have a bumper to bumper commute pretty much every day going home from work. I've often thought that during this time, it would be very relaxing to smoke a cigar while i pass the time on the parkway. My question is, does cigar smoke really linger in a car? having never done it, I was curious. I have a pretty new car too (2007 Mazda6) so i don't want to do it if the smell isn't gonna go away.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
there are things to do to reduce the odor left..

i will try and find the post detailing the steps..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The smell doesn't go away. It will stay in your car or your furniture at home or in anything else anywhere you smoke inside. That said, there are products that will get rid of the smell. I haven't tried any of them, but other folks here have had some good luck with a few.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I don't smoke in my car (07 Camry SE) and it still smells like smoke if I get in after smoking a cigar. Thankfully it doesn't linger since there wasn't a whole lot, but I imagine if you smoke in there it will smell like crap.

BTW, I'm actually thinking of taking close to change into after smoking with the guys so that my car doesn't start to smell like it.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
.... but I imagine if you smoke in there it will smell like crap.

BTW, I'm actually thinking of taking close to change into after smoking with the guys so that my car doesn't start to smell like it.

Depends what crap you smoke. My car smells of sweet smoke most of the time. The more I smoke the better it gets. When smoked less often, had a more faint odor of smoke.

You must mean clothes to change into before getting into the car. A little fabreeze works wonders for light smell of smoke.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Depends what crap you smoke. My car smells of sweet smoke most of the time. The more I smoke the better it gets. When smoked less often, had a more faint odor of smoke.
I don't know about anyone else, but when that smoke goes stagnant, it smells awful. I love the smell of a good cigar as much as anyone, but not after that smoke sits for even a few hours.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I will not even post the comments my wife makes about the smells. She will hardly ride in the car anymore (which is not such a bad thing) :rofl:.

Seriously, I think BC I smoke in there everyday the smells are not stale, more like freshly smoked odors in a good way to me at least.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Hmmm, interesting. Never really thought about it that way, but it makes sense, I guess. I'm definitely not going to try it, but I guess for those of you that occasionally smoke in your car, pick it up and get that wreak out!!!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i only smoke occasionally in my truck and i mean maybe 3 cigars a month. it doesnt make it smell that bad. i also open the floor vents and crack a window to draw the smoke out and that seems to help.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I smoke in the truck occasionally. Usually in the morning, I've got an hour long commute, and sometimes a cup of coffee and a cigar is a great way to start the day.

I can smell the smoke in the truck when it's humid, but a little Febreeze does work wonders.

I do try to keep the interior liveable, and I do make a conscious effort to keep it decent. But the rest of it's a truck, I bought it to use, not for something to look good in my driveway. It's got dents and scratches all over it.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I don't smoke in my car (07 Camry SE) and it still smells like smoke if I get in after smoking a cigar. Thankfully it doesn't linger since there wasn't a whole lot, but I imagine if you smoke in there it will smell like crap.

Just roll your windows down on the drive home, dude....I mean come on, you live like, what, a half-mile away from the ASS garage? :headroll:

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Then I get the pleasant mildew smell mixed with the rancid smoke smell. It'd be like a olfactory version of smoking a Herfdog.