What's new

Smoking in the Car?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I used to smoke in the car, but my wife hated the after-aroma, so I stopped. A few months ago, I tried it again after buying some PureAyre. I opened the windows during my smoke ... did not leave ashes or the butt inside the car and sprayed the floor + headliner with PureAyre after I got home. The next morning I found it almost impossible to tell I had smoked inside the car.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
every chance i get! i can even smoke w/ my lady in the car, and it doesn't bother her. crack the driver's window about an inch, left vent off, smoke is sucked right out! lean up a bit, blow the smoke out the window. no problem with lingering smoke inside the car. works every time!!

jeff

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
When smoking in the car I do a few things.

1. Crack the window or put it 1/2 way down.

2. Put the heat of AC on but have it blowing on your feet. This will push the smoke to the crack in the window.

3. When done open all windows and run heat or ac to blow car out.

4.Spray car with some Purye Air.

Do this and you will have no lingering odors at all.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
When smoking in the car I do a few things.

1. Crack the window or put it 1/2 way down.

2. Put the heat of AC on but have it blowing on your feet. This will push the smoke to the crack in the window.

3. When done open all windows and run heat or ac to blow car out.

4.Spray car with some Purye Air.

Do this and you will have no lingering odors at all.
Smoke in my car all the time. Follow the above for best results.
Drove my sister and 3 of her friends to the aiport, 65 miles, and none of them could tell I ever smoked in the car.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
What everybody else has said.
Crack your window (1.5" MAX) and blast the floor vents. Don't open your sunroof, it doesn't work as well as the window. Creates a sweet effect and you can watch the smoke fly out the window. My mom hates cigar smoke and she has never noticed it in my car (sometimes she's in it like 15 minutes after I get done smoking a cigar).

TYLER

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What everybody else has said.
Crack your window (1.5" MAX) and blast the floor vents...
Actually, I find it works better to split the flow 50/50 between floor and panel vents. In any event, remember to make sure that the system is bringing fresh air in from the outside --- NEVER use Max a/c!

Hold your cigar in your left hand, and ash frequently. Rotate it after each puff, so the burn stays more or less even.

Be sure to dump the ashes and any butts as soon as you can do it safely --- those things give off an incredible amount of stink!

Enjoy!

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It will linger, but keep the trays clean and it will help alot. Take this piece of advice about smoking while driving, don't ever use the cedar to try and light the cigar. You know, the cedar that comes wrapped around some cigars? Well if lit, it is very hard to control/contain while driving an automobile.:wink:

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yea I do smoke sometimes in my Durango, but I do have cloth seats and it will linger more than leather seats. However my wife is super sensitive and she can smell it a week later. I just fight my battles every so often.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Leather certainly helps.

I do a bunch of the above and it smells fine. I don't use Pureayre but I would love to give it a try.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I don't know about anyone else, but when that smoke goes stagnant, it smells awful. I love the smell of a good cigar as much as anyone, but not after that smoke sits for even a few hours.
I will not even post the comments my wife makes about the smells. She will hardly ride in the car anymore (which is not such a bad thing) :rofl:.

Seriously, I think BC I smoke in there everyday the smells are not stale, more like freshly smoked odors in a good way to me at least.
Hmmm, interesting. Never really thought about it that way, but it makes sense, I guess. I'm definitely not going to try it, but I guess for those of you that occasionally smoke in your car, pick it up and get that wreak out!!!

That is the key...just never let the smoke smell get stale by smoking twice a day in it. :grin:

Plus, after a while you wil stop noticing any smell...I'm not sure bout other people noticing though.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea, I get in trouble on long drives. I'll drive there, smoke, not clean and then smoke on the way home. A good cleaning after that works though.

Oh and moon roofs/sun roofs work great.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yea I do smoke sometimes in my Durango, but I do have cloth seats and it will linger more than leather seats. However my wife is super sensitive and she can smell it a week later. I just fight my battles every so often.
Ok an update, I have been smoking a lot of cigars in my truck as of late and I have been using Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer when I get out. Well my wife and I were driving around several times this weekend and she didn't say anything about the smoke smell. I guess I have found my odor eliminator for now.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Smoke so much mine smells now. Two sticks a day and not much helps anymore. When I use Fabreeze and let sit overnight the smell goes away, wiping the windows down often helps too.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Smoke in the Trail Blazer on every road trip. Just got back from Florida. While there we took a 200 mile trip with the wife's Dad and Step mother (80 and 83) and they didn't smell anything. And they can smell her daughters dog as soon as it enters the house. Still using the High fan at the floor trick with the window cracked,