What's new

Smoking w or w/o drinks

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I don't drink alcohol....
Did anybody else catch this...! lol

I definitely need something to wet the whistle while smoking. If I'm drinking, usually any beer, liquor, mixed drink, or wine will do. :bottle: If I'm not, I usually just drink water, lately I've found that it really lets you taste the cigar purely instead of augmenting the palate.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Coffee, Whisky and/or Amarula for me. Mostly Whisky (Scotch) at night. Occasionally a stout, but it tends to dull my palate paired with stronger cigars.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
He wasnt lying..... Cmac chugs it.
I drink water, coke, bourbon, bourbon, bourbon, beer and if you havn't had it before.
This shit is straight awesome in the summer time with most NC cigars!!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Coffee with a morning stick is de rigeur. In the evening, it's likely to be a milk stout or India pale ale. On a warm, perfect evening on the deck, it is likely to be a Four Roses small batch or single barrel bourbon OR a nice sipping rum, like a Ron Zacapa XO or El Dorado 12 Year. Oh, and here's that Sprecher Hard Root Beer! Sold out now, but it will be part of their regular production from here on out.

011113_SprecherHardRootBeer_SprecherBrewing.jpg

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I love having a strong coffee heavy on the half and half and some sugar with a morning cigar (Choix Supreme, QDO Corona) on weekends. Otherwise I don't usually drink anything with an after-work cigar except for a sip or two of water. During the summer an iced decaf with a great cigar goes really, really well on the deck after work. Life is good.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
french pressed coffee with a couple spoons of a good creamer hits the spot with a good stick in the mornings. otherwise crown & coke, water, or a red wine. i don't really like beer when i'm smoking for some reason it doesn't please my palate. maybe i should try some good craft brews...

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
french pressed coffee with a couple spoons of a good creamer hits the spot with a good stick in the mornings. otherwise crown & coke, water, or a red wine. i don't really like beer when i'm smoking for some reason it doesn't please my palate. maybe i should try some good craft brews...
Some good stouts or barrel aged brew sound like they would work for you

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely alway smoke with a liquid, but not always alcohol. It can also be water or black coffee.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some good stouts or barrel aged brew sound like they would work for you
nice, i'll hit up my local bevmo and see what they got in stock

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Most of the time I just drink water at home; keeps my palate hydrated and forces me to focus more on the flavor of the stick. Sometimes a nice single malt or blended whiskey.

If I'm out at the bar it tends to be more malty beers. Cigar City Maduro is becoming a favorite because it reminds me of Malta and it pairs well with a lot of sticks I prefer.

Coffee is usually something I reserve for weekend mornings when I have time or when I've had a night out and need to perk up.

Last edited:

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My go-to with any stick is a Captain Morgan and Coke Zero. Sweet but not too sweet. Speaking of which, I need another!

edit: also like Maker's 46, Bulleit Bourbon, or Woodinville Rye (all with coke zero). Might grab a peaty scotch if I have a stick I know can stand up to it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If I have a smoke in the early afternoon I'll have coffee to go along with it. If it is later in the afternoon/evening I pair it up with a bourbon/scotch whiskey/ice tea/water. It depends on the smoke and mood. As of late I have been pairing it with a Porter beer or a nice IPA. Haven't done it with wine but will have to try. Definitely cannot smoke without a drink.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
When I'm smoking near home, I stick to water. When I hit up the lounges, I usually have a coke. The cigars I'm serious about trying/tasting are smoked at home with water, I don't want the flavors to be impacted by a drink of any sort. I don't go to the lounge to be serious though, just a screw around and have fun.