What's new

Smoking w or w/o drinks

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
When I'm smoking near home, I stick to water. When I hit up the lounges, I usually have a coke. The cigars I'm serious about trying/tasting are smoked at home with water,
Summer time I smoke outside at home but in the winter ill go to lounges and I do find that in smokier lounges the experience is compromised by the other smokes. So with highly anticipated or special sticks or first try's I do try to find someplace less distracting. Maybe I should try water to help focus on flavor as well

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
When I'm at the lounge I drink Mt Dew 90% of the time and water the 10%. I don't know it's the sugar in it or what but I enjoy it. If I'm at home whiskey of some sort, wish I could get my hands on some pappy van winkle.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
When I'm at the lounge I drink Mt Dew 90% of the time and water the 10%. I don't know it's the sugar in it or what but I enjoy it. If I'm at home whiskey of some sort, wish I could get my hands on some pappy van winkle.
I think they still have a couple of bottles at my local. Not sure what year.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah the lounge I go to had two bottles only for locker holders and I am in love with it now. I probably drank a third of the 15year bottle lol....that stuck is nectar from God.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
When I'm smoking near home, I stick to water. When I hit up the lounges, I usually have a coke. The cigars I'm serious about trying/tasting are smoked at home with water,
Summer time I smoke outside at home but in the winter ill go to lounges and I do find that in smokier lounges the experience is compromised by the other smokes. So with highly anticipated or special sticks or first try's I do try to find someplace less distracting. Maybe I should try water to help focus on flavor as well
It really does work. Not to mention, water is the single best at hydrating your palate without compromising a truest flavors of your cigar. Keep in mind, for proper taste, your palate must be properly hydrated. But, that is all depending on how serious you want to take pulling out the flavors of any specific cigar. Like I said, sometimes just a soda and zoning out is the best way for me to enjoy the stick, heh.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
It really does work. Not to mention, water is the single best at hydrating your palate without compromising a truest flavors of your cigar. Keep in mind, for proper taste, your palate must be properly hydrated. But, that is all depending on how serious you want to take pulling out the flavors of any specific cigar. Like I said, sometimes just a soda and zoning out is the best way for me to enjoy the stick, heh.
I'm gonna try it next week. I had a monte#2 the other day with a crown black on the rocks and the crown was bland. The monte was great to the point Id forgotten how good it could be. I switched to a woodford neat and THAT with the monte was incredible. IM really missing the woodford double Oaked right now as well. I just have to see if my enjoyment will be the same with these non alch. options.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm a single source small batch coffee roaster so I tend to pair a good cup of coffee that has the body that suits the cigar I'm working on. Some times I find it fun to pair the cigar with a coffee of the same origin . Last night I stepped out of my coffee habit and gave a large mug of earl grey tea a try with a San Lotano Connecticut , not a bad combo. I haven't got into scotch yet but that will change soon

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I like coffee with cigars, but every once in a while I'll get a bag caffeine hit combined with a nic overdose. that's a bad mix.

I really like diet coke with lime.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm gonna try it next week. I had a monte#2 the other day with a crown black on the rocks and the crown was bland. The monte was great to the point Id forgotten how good it could be. I switched to a woodford neat and THAT with the monte was incredible. IM really missing the woodford double Oaked right now as well. I just have to see if my enjoyment will be the same with these non alch. options.
That really is what this is all about, what "ups" the enjoyment of the experience, be it alcohol, water, soda or even God forbid, Orange Juice, heh. If you decide it works for you, then that's what you should be doing. :)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I drink a lot of whiskey in general (scotch and bourbon - more bourbon) and definitely drink with smoking. Rums is good too. I also like a good beer (not lite) with a cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I'm not drinking a scotch, my favorite drink while smoking is a real ginger ale. It clears my palate while I'm smoking, and I think it enhances the favors of the cigar - it makes the transitions in favors as I progress through the stick more noticeable. Since I tend to like stronger/peppery sticks, it really seems to help not be overwhelmed by the initial spice all the way through.

If I don't have ginger ale, then good old water with a lemon or lime slice (or both) is my next choice.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Had something good today with my father no 1 and forgot what it was. It was something neat but not any of my norms. Ill have to ask tomorrow. I told him just pour me somethin ...lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually drink water or coffee during the daytime smoking just something to wet the mouth I guess. But I do enjoy a nice beer or scotch during evening smokes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on why I'm smoking the cigar. If I'm smoking for recreartion, coffee or soda. If I'm smoking to really discover a cigar, lemon and water or sometimes ginger ale. I find these really help cleanse the palate. I don't drink alcohol, but there are times I wonder what a nice scotch would be like.