What's new

Smoking with the clock?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tend to look more when I'm not around anyone. Seam to smoke a bit quick when by myself.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Cool topic, Alex.

I have lately been paying more attention to the time I take with the actual draw. I find that a slow draw (lasting 12-15 seconds) keeps the cigar buring cooler, more evenly, and less likely to go out.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I probably smoke too fast, just like I eat too fast. I don't know if a clock would help.

That last bit of the cigar probably wouldn't taste is gross if it wasn't rushed.

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I envy you guys who can just light up and relax. When I try to do that, my cigars often don't burn right, and that kills my relaxation. That's why I wrote the web app linked in my signature. It's the least intrusive way I could think of to time puffs - I don't have to constantly watch a clock, just puff when it tells me to puff.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I envy you guys who can just light up and relax. When I try to do that, my cigars often don't burn right, and that kills my relaxation. That's why I wrote the web app linked in my signature. It's the least intrusive way I could think of to time puffs - I don't have to constantly watch a clock, just puff when it tells me to puff.
Do you have to be told when to take a sh!t, too?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I find, most of the time, I smoke a little fast. While I've noticed many of the more knowledgeable smokers here favor slender cigars, I've learned that I tend to heat them up a little, so I favor 50 to 56 gauge smokes. I think 60's are a bit much. When I do choose to have a smaller diameter cigar, I consciously slow down, but don't watch the clock.

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do choose to have a smaller diameter cigar, I consciously slow down, but don't watch the clock.
I find that narrow cigars overheat if I take a normal puff. They smoke better for me if I take smaller puffs.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I do choose to have a smaller diameter cigar, I consciously slow down, but don't watch the clock.
I find that narrow cigars overheat if I take a normal puff. They smoke better for me if I take smaller puffs.
Agreed, sipping moreso than a normal draw.

Have some of you clock puffers tried smoking at night? The cherry can tell you when to puff, basically when it fades away...time to puff.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My cigars are usually my escape from the baby. So I am not interested in anything besides making the experience last as long as possible. Only thing i purposefully do while smoking cigars is finding ones that tend to burn a real long time. Undercrown Corona Doble? yes please lol

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I do try and count a bit when I'm smoking. It might not be that I'm near a clock, but I try to make sure I don't puff too fast. Obviously looking at the end and feeling when it's time is good, but since I'm relatively new to the experience, I have to work a bit to make sure I don't go too quickly. It's just tempting to get a good puff of it when it's freezing outside.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am a Hoover with cigars so I try to clock my draws. Just being aware of the need to slow down helps, but I do my best puffing on the clock.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I always thought I was a fast smoker so, due to this thread, I pulled out the stopwatch app on my phone for a recent smoke. Apparently, I smoke much slower than I thought because when the buzzer went off every minute and a half I thought I was racing through the smoke.

Tom

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only look at the clock towards the end of a cigar that is new to me, and then to only note it in my log how long it lasted. (What can I say...)
Think paying attention to the ash/cone is a better indicator for how often to take a puff.