What's new

Smoky Clothes

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
No shower. No changing of clothes. My girlfriend of almost 8 years has gotten used to me smelling like a cigar shop. I got lucky it seems.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
With the cooler weather upon us I've found myself smoking by the firepit recently. It's amazing how well the smell of "campfire" disguises cigar smell.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I wish I still had the pics of the ozone generator I put together. All you need is a mercury vapor lamp, large enclosure, and a fan. As long as there's not standing smoke, it will nuke any lingering smells for good and leave the area and what's in it smelling spring rain fresh!

There's how-to's on the net. You can buy a commercial unit but they can run 20X as much.

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad my wife likes me when I smell like a cigar. Now after a few hours in a B&M she'll comment on me being stinky but leave it at that. Never demands a shower or anything. She's a keeper.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Damn, this is like the cooking channel or something. All these women whining about smells and odors. I smoke cigars. I smoke them in my truck, I smoke them in my RV, and I smoke them in my house. I've sealed off the closet of the RV so it doesn't smell of stale cigar smoke, much like the closets in our house won't smell of it. It's your life, it's your hobby. I'll agree to compromises, but damn, having a full post cigar debriefing ritual and begging to be accepted back inside the house you own is just nuts.
In my case it's not a whining. It causes my wife to get either a bad headache or a full blown migraine. Before I started the hobby when smoking was allowed in restaurants many a dinner out turned bad (mostly from cigarette smoke). IN the summer when I can smoke on the deck she has actually sat with me several times - upwind of course. And then it doesn't get all in the clothes.