What's new

Smoothest bourbon/whiskey

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have not tried any of the super premium bourbons like Basil Hayden's, Booker's, Baker's. I do like Knob Creek and Maker's Mark. I have a bottle of Woodford Reserve ready to be opened and I'll give that a try.

What do ya'll say?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I'm not a huge bourbon drinker, but my favorites are (in increasing price order) :

Elmer T Lee Single Barrel
Van Winkle 12 yr Special Reserve
Pappy Van Winkle 23 yr Family Reserve

Of these I enjoy the Van Winkle 12 yr the most. It's not too strong so I can drink it neat, and the flavors are smooth and complex.

I've also got gift bottles of Blantons Single Barrel and Evan Willams Single Barrel that I have yet to try.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My two favorites are not everyones, but I'm not a connoisseur by any means.

I really like Eagle Rare 10 yr, and Eagle Rare 17 yr. Not everyone likes them, with analogies to syrup. I don't find that accurate, and find both excellent. The other is Forty Creek Barrel Select, with honorable mention for Forty Creek Three Grain. These are Canadian, and don't give the same lovely throat bite a good Kentucky single barrel has, but I like them.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Legends of the Playground said:
I have not tried any of the super premium bourbons like Basil Hayden's, Booker's, Baker's. I do like Knob Creek and Maker's Mark. I have a bottle of Woodford Reserve ready to be opened and I'll give that a try.

What do ya'll say?
Might want to put a wee dram of water into the Woodford Reserve.

Been enjoying some Eagle Rare 10 lately. Kind of oaky and not too sweet. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If it starts with a 'b' I like it lol! Bookers is my go to drink..try to drink it either str8 up w a few cubes of ice or with club soda. Just wish it wasn't so much money, but whatever you only live once.

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I second the recommendation of Blanton's. very nice, and it will somewhat remind you of enjoying a great, smooth, single blend scothc, IMO. (different flavors but you'll see what I mean).

Legends, if you make it down to Texas from the tundra for a game this season, just come out to our mother of all tailgates and we'll kill a bottle together on me.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
no no no Scott we aren't talking about Yeagermister.... this is the burbon thread lol

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Legends of the Playground said:
So the WR is strong? :bouncetau
Not so much strong meaning potent but strong with flavor.... full bodied? ... complex??

Needs a bit water to let its flavors out.