What's new

Smoothest bourbon/whiskey

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
my parents brought me back a bottle of whiskey from Ireland. Tillamore Dew its called. its pretty smooth sippin' and i was able to find it in the local liq store. :thumbsup:

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Legends of the Playground said:
I just don't want something that tastes like paint thinner.

Nope .. no problem. Woodford Reserve is one of my favorite alternatives when I'm not in a scotch mood.

Bottoms up!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
fredneck said:
Elijah Craig.

Especially the Elijah Craig 18yr old.

My favorite sippin bourbon is Blantons. This stuff is fantastic!!

As tedski noted and one that doesn't get a lot of recognition is the Elmer T Lee. This is an excellent pour that is very reasonably priced. When I really feel like treating myself it is a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20yr old. This stuff is pure heaven and IMO it doesn't get much better. The 23yr old is completely out of my price range so I can't comment on it. If it is that much better than the 20yr old, it is probably a good thing I have never had any or I might be in need of some :help: (financially)!!:halfgrinw

Some other bourbons that I always keep on hand and enjoy are Ancient Ancient Age, Buffalo Trace, Bookers, Knob Creek, Woodford, Stagg, Eagle Rare 17yr and Sazerac Rye 18yr.

I am a huge fan of the Buffalo Trace distillery. They make some excellent bourbons.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
JgButler said:
Some other bourbons that I always keep on hand and enjoy are Ancient Ancient Age, Buffalo Trace, Bookers, Knob Creek, Woodford, Stagg, Eagle Rare 17yr and Sazerac Rye 18yr..
Sazerac Rye 18yr is :applause: :thumbsup: :clap:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Any Islay scotch over 12 yrs is worth whatever it costs.
Depends on what you like. I have a bottle of Lagavulin (make that half a bottle), which is 16 yr. Single Islay Malt. It is not my favorite, much more of a highlands scotch man myself. This particular Islay bottle is really peaty. If you don't like that taste, you won't like this bottle.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Depends on what you like. I have a bottle of Lagavulin (make that half a bottle), which is 16 yr. Single Islay Malt. It is not my favorite, much more of a highlands scotch man myself. This particular Islay bottle is really peaty. If you don't like that taste, you won't like this bottle.

I'm a big fan of the Lagavulin. Maybe you just need to send it to me and let me show you how to appreciate it! hehe

Islay scotches tend to be a bit "saltier" in my opinion. Gives em a nice earthy flavor. Yeah I know I'm probably an alcoholic but I prefer people to call me "fun to party with" :thumbsup:

Isn't it funny when you're in college and you drink a lot people commend you for it but when you reach full on adulthood people look down on you for it?

I now have to drink alone in the dark after everyone is in bed!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm a big fan of the Lagavulin. Maybe you just need to send it to me and let me show you how to appreciate it!
I thought you wanted to know about Islay scotch?:scratchhe

Anyways, I might just do that. I'm not sure if it is any good anymore, because it been open for about a year. I received a bottle of Oban and Macallan's 18 year which I prefer much more and quit drinking the Lagavulin.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I was always more of a rum drinker, but I have enjoyed several good bourbons. My favorites are Van Winkle 12 yr Special Reserve and Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr Family Reserve.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I thought you wanted to know about Islay scotch?:scratchhe

Anyways, I might just do that. I'm not sure if it is any good anymore, because it been open for about a year. I received a bottle of Oban and Macallan's 18 year which I prefer much more and quit drinking the Lagavulin.

I like the Macallan really well too.

I wasn't saying I didn't know about it. I was saying any Islay is worth the price. I like them all.

If I have to go blended I'll take dimple pinch.