What's new

snippers

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
djs134 said:
I always enjoyed the ritual of picking the stick, inspecting it, clipping it, taking a cold draw and then slowly lighting the foot by passing a lighter over it until I started to get a glow. Then a friend told me that he read that the "charring" of the foot could give an off flavor to the start of the cigar. I've done some reading since and have run across similar reports. Personally, I still enjoy the practice. What would be the difference between slowly and evenly lighting the foot or torching it as you draw? As long as it's done evenly. Either way you're burning the tobacco.

I was just interested whether anyone had a different take.

I guess it's kind of like warming the length of the cigar. I don't subscribe to the practice since I don't trust myself not to burn the wrapper, but if you can do it and not torch the wrapper, and it enhances the experience..... go for it......
Interesting! I've never read that.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
When I light a cigar, I usually take my torch lighter and work the tip of the flame around the outside of the foot so it'll be even. Then, I use the tip of the flame to light the inside of the foot. Once that's done, I usually draw on the cigar with the flame still on the foot and slowly move it around in a clockwise motion until I'm satisfied that it's lit properly.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What I have read is that you want to slowly toast the end don't put a 2500 degree flame on it as it will charbroil the end and give a burnt taste. I like the corona old boy lighter or a soft flame to heat and light my cigars much the same as everyone else has stated.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
cvm4 said:
When I light a cigar, I usually take my torch lighter and work the tip of the flame around the outside of the foot so it'll be even. Then, I use the tip of the flame to light the inside of the foot. Once that's done, I usually draw on the cigar with the flame still on the foot and slowly move it around in a clockwise motion until I'm satisfied that it's lit properly.
Why not counter clockwise? :hysterica

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I always check the rooftops first... oh wait you said snippers not snipers.

I have a palio now and like to moisten the tip and slice it like a cigar moyel.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
joshua said:
I always check the rooftops first... oh wait you said snippers not snipers.

I have a palio now and like to moisten the tip and slice it like a cigar moyel.
:rofl::rofl:

I moisten the end of the cigar as well and snip.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I have 4 different "tools" for different vitolas. I have a v-cutter for torps and perfecto's, a punch for TPC's, PC's and coronas, dbl guillotine cutter for dalias on up, and a small cheroot cutter (v-cutter & head cutter in a scissor).

As far as toasting, I don't do it.

The ritual I have for any cigar is on a perfecto tipped cigar. I usually light it 3-4 times in the begining to make sure it's not going to get a runner in any paticular direction.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All depends on my mood at the time I smoke. Some times I use my punch other times I use my Xikar