What's new

Snow Storm

AlexTorres

Professional Tobacconist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No snow here in Austin, TX. 70 degrees and sunny. I hope you guys don't get hit too bad this time. Be safe everyone!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Gonna have to deal with low temps here in Texas and that's about it. They are talking abotu a freeze later this week though with temps in the teens over night.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
The thing that sucks the most is I am back on shift Wednesday... It sucks driving a fire engine or ambo in this chit... and everyone expects you get to their house like nothing is going on outside...:wtf:seriously!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
The thing that sucks the most is I am back on shift Wednesday... It sucks driving a fire engine or ambo in this chit... and everyone expects you get to their house like nothing is going on outside...:wtf:seriously!
I work tomorrow will see how the day unfolds as far as traffic and snow. But I still say were not getting more then 12". They always blow this stuff out of proportion.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Here in Ohio the predictions are anywhere from 0-16 inches of snow. Every channel seems to have a different opinion. the CBS station says 1-2" (they are always wrong) Most other say 6-9 with 1/2 inch of ice.

Its always curious when the scientific discussion on this refuses to put a total on the snow since it can so much in 24 hours....

Going to be an interesting storm

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I hope they are blowing this storm out of proportion, im not really looking forward to dealing with over a foot of snow. Luckily I am not scheduled at the cigar shop because if it is as bad as predicted I would never make it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm leaving Jersey tuesday afternoon to take advantage of this weather at a ski area in Vermont. 20 to 30 inches predicted is too good to pass up. The drive usually takes 5 hours, we'll see how the roads are.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This will be interesting to say the least. I'm doing my research at Northwestern, with the lake right outside our windows... I'll put up some pics if they'll be worth while seeing.
Well looks like we will be experiencing the same "killer" winter storm. Living in Deerfield and it looks like Tom Skilling is guessing somewhere in the 20" range as far as snow fall in our area. I work in Evanston... should be interesting since they seem to be snow plow inept. Luckily my 4x4 Silverado should safely take me to and from work.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well looks like we will be experiencing the same "killer" winter storm. Living in Deerfield and it looks like Tom Skilling is guessing somewhere in the 20" range as far as snow fall in our area. I work in Evanston... should be interesting since they seem to be snow plow inept. Luckily my 4x4 Silverado should safely take me to and from work.
Just drove up to the lab this morning and Sheridan Road looks like it was not even touched...

Glad I got snow shoes on my car.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
our 10-16 inches of snow has turned out to be 1/2 - 1 inch of ice and an 1nch of snow....

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Just drove up to the lab this morning and Sheridan Road looks like it was not even touched...

Glad I got snow shoes on my car.
Well, the "Blizzard" isn't supposed to start until 3PM here in Chicagoland....so I hope your drive home isn't too bad.

Off topic, but what lab do you work at? At Northwestern I take it?