What's new

So does a Connoisseur only drink coffee black?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
that's like saying don't have scotch with your cigar it will ruin its taste.. either way drink it how you like I now drink black since I never have time to work out and sitting behind a desk will give you a fat ass if you have 5+ cups of coffee/tea with milk and sugar.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
These days I mostly drink it black, but occasionally will add a bit of half & half for a change in taste.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The same thing can be said about using A1 sauce on steak. Moderation is key, as long as the cream and sugar are complimenting the coffee flavor and not drowning it out, I don't see an issue.
I think it is more like using some salt on that steak. It brings out a lot of flavor. To me, a little sugar in my coffee opens up the flavors. Having said that I do taste new coffee black before adding sugar.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I've always taken my coffee black, but I am kinda a purist... It's like my grandfather used to say, "If god wanted coffee to taste all creamy and sugary, he'd 've created it that way. If god wanted you to have a picture of a naked lady on your chest, he'd 've put that there as well."

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I say whatever floats your boat. If someone told me to not put ketchup on my burger because it ruins the true flavour profiles of cooked cow i'd tell him where to go. lol.... enjoy your java

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I say whatever floats your boat. If someone told me to not put ketchup on my burger because it ruins the true flavour profiles of cooked cow i'd tell him where to go. lol.... enjoy your java
Reminds me of a rule I was always told, "No ketchup on a hot dog past age 12." Some people love ketchup on everything but I've grown to only use it for fries (and even still, A1 is better!). A kiss of mustard on a dog or brat and I'm all set

Last edited:
Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I believe that with sugar and cream you can still get some of the nuances out of coffee. I put it in my Kenyan Grand Cru and I still can taste the berry notes in the coffee. I just don't like the tannins in coffee, so I got to tame those with some dairy :)

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I love my coffee with cream and sugar but I fellow drinker said that I am ruining the true flavor profiles by addition these condiments.

So, should I be drinking my java black ? After some 35 years on the cream and sugar bandwagon a change may be difficult.
It depends, of course some flavors will get lost since you are adding cream an d sugar but with a cigar I absolutley think you should have cream and sugar and I consider myself to be a cigar connoisseur.