Votes: 8 6.3%
  • BORIS - Didn't live up to the hype and was disappointed

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have smoked a couple of each the Drac and Boris and found the Boris to be a way cut above the Drac. I am hoping that with age that the Drac will improve.
BTW I had a Frank courtesy of soundwave last week. It of course had at least one year on it. Fantastic smoke. If the Boris and Drac age like the Frank they too will be great smokes in my book.
Smoked a Drac two days ago. About one month in the Humi. Much better. More flavor. Goooooooood smoke.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This may sound naive but shouldn't a cigar taste great right out of the box? Especially a $13 cigar? I know aging does whatever magic everyone believes it does to a cigar but there's something to be said about a cigar that tastes great right out of the box.
Flame suit on... but I agree...
I have smoked a few Dracs and was disappointed considering the chase and price. (dare I say I would have rather had some Tat browns?) The couple of Boris I had I enjoyed alot and wish I had more. I still have a couple of Dracs to age but it almost seems like they were released to early? (if age doess add alot to them like it may have to the Boris considering the similar/same filler to the Frank)

:ccool::dunno:

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I really think time will have to tell here for thet Drac at least. I've talked to a few botl's locally that smoked a Drac..I smoked one as well that was about 3 weeks in the humi and all of us were disappointed. I had horrible burn issues and just did not get much from the smoke.
I'm hopeful that over the course of a couple more months, they'll develop. At this point, they're only 2 months old..after the first one that went poorly, I planned on letting these sit for at least 4 months to see what develops. Should an $13 stick be good out of the box? Yep, I believe it should be and require minimal off-the-truck rest. But am I willing to let one sit for a number of months before declaring a true disappointed? Yes I am.

Boris was pretty darn good right away on the other hand.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I thought the Drac was pretty good but not great (yet). The Boris was the star this year. If Pete were to suddenly release a second batch - the Drac would sell but the Boris would vanish.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I enjoyed the boris much more then the drac so far. I was able to pick up two more in NY, but hopefully with time the drac will become an excellent smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I bought a box of Dracs, smoked one and proceeded to give away all but 4 that I hope some age will improve. Disappointed? Yep.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally smoked one of my Boris sticks. Very enjoyable, good draw and lots of smoke. Spicy on the tongue with wood and leather-like tastes without any bitterness or harshness. Burn time of about an hour, lasted through two stiff Mojitos !

It definately needed some time to rest and stabilize, also time to allow the paint smell to fade, although it was not bad, not nearly as bad as the paint smell that accompanied the red tubos I bought.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The Boris is awesome, no question.

As to the Drac, perhaps not everyone heard but PETE JOHNSON said that these need a lot more aging (I thought I read 6 months) before they are ready. That doesn't mean you might not like them now, but it means that he thinks they need 6 months to be ready. Now, I think Tats almost always need aging after release ... which means that they might need more than Pete's 6 months, since he thinks the Noellas, etc., are ready to release when he sends them out (I think Noellas need close to 6 months).

Now we can all argue the age-old issue of whether or not cigars should be expected to be ready to enjoy right out of the box. But regardless of what you think on that one, Pete said that the Dracs were a special case. Things needed to be rushed because the Monster had to be out by Halloween. A regrettable situation, certainly, and hopefully one that will not be repeated.

My point? Not until the end of April or so will these be "ready" supposedly. I plan to reserve judgment until then.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Along with most of the limited Tat releases this year i am finding them not living up to the hype. At the same time i feel bad giving such young cigars bad reports. They still need time.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Boris is awesome, no question.

As to the Drac, perhaps not everyone heard but PETE JOHNSON said that these need a lot more aging (I thought I read 6 months) before they are ready. That doesn't mean you might not like them now, but it means that he thinks they need 6 months to be ready. Now, I think Tats almost always need aging after release ... which means that they might need more than Pete's 6 months, since he thinks the Noellas, etc., are ready to release when he sends them out (I think Noellas need close to 6 months).

Now we can all argue the age-old issue of whether or not cigars should be expected to be ready to enjoy right out of the box. But regardless of what you think on that one, Pete said that the Dracs were a special case. Things needed to be rushed because the Monster had to be out by Halloween. A regrettable situation, certainly, and hopefully one that will not be repeated.

My point? Not until the end of April or so will these be "ready" supposedly. I plan to reserve judgment until then.
I had not heard the announcement that they needed 6mos. Regardless, aging a sub par cigar doesn't always help.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Had my first Tat Black Tubo yesterday. Twas a great stick. I think it does need a little time though.