Votes: 8 6.3%
  • BORIS - Didn't live up to the hype and was disappointed

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have smoked a couple of each the Drac and Boris and found the Boris to be a way cut above the Drac. I am hoping that with age that the Drac will improve.
BTW I had a Frank courtesy of soundwave last week. It of course had at least one year on it. Fantastic smoke. If the Boris and Drac age like the Frank they too will be great smokes in my book.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I had one Drac, and was a bit dissapointed... I think it needs some time... like 6 months, but I don't have any to let rest...
agreed. i give the edge to the boris today, but i have a good feeling spring will prove the drac my favorite of the two

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Too soon to give my opinion...

But as GUSTO said, the pre-release I had was unreal... GREAT smoke!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
My singles are still acclimatizing.
The pre-release Drac I tried was freakin' awesome!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't care for the Drac at all. It may be that it doesn't fit my tastes in a cigar - or that I didn't really get much of anything out of it. Frankly (heh...Monster pun...haha), I think age is going to hurt this cigar on the whole, but I may be wrong (I'm basing this off of my experience with Tats in that they regress with age). If I had paid $6-7 for the Drac, I'd be happy. But I paid just about $15, and for that price, I can get a cigar I like much more - or two depending on what I wanted.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I didn't care for the Drac at all. It may be that it doesn't fit my tastes in a cigar - or that I didn't really get much of anything out of it. Frankly (heh...Monster pun...haha), I think age is going to hurt this cigar on the whole, but I may be wrong (I'm basing this off of my experience with Tats in that they regress with age). If I had paid $6-7 for the Drac, I'd be happy. But I paid just about $15, and for that price, I can get a cigar I like much more - or two depending on what I wanted.
I had a Frank last year when they released, I put two more down and did not smoke them until this Halloween.....they were great!

I tried one of the Pork Chops when they first released and than tried one last weekend....it was fantastic!

I picked up a couple of T110's back in July, I put them to rest and tried one tonight.....it was simply delicous!

I for one would disagree with the notion that Pete's cigars don't get better with age....but hey, that's just one person's opinion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Frank last year when they released, I put two more down and did not smoke them until this Halloween.....they were great!

I tried one of the Pork Chops when they first released and than tried one last weekend....it was fantastic!

I picked up a couple of T110's back in July, I put them to rest and tried one tonight.....it was simply delicous!

I for one would disagree with the notion that Pete's cigars don't get better with age....but hey, that's just one person's opinion.
I haven't had any experience with those cigars. To me, what makes Pete's cigars so great is all of the subtleties that come in and out of a smoke. With age, those mellow out/muddle together. Now that doesn't mean that they aren't still great smokes, but they aren't as good as they were fresh in my opinion. The El Triunfador, Havana VIs, Miamis, and Cojonu series cigars to me worsen with age, and those are what I based my opinion on.

Like you said, it's just my opinion, and that's what's great about cigars. What one person loves, another may hate. It's all about the process of getting to what you like and the connections you make along the way that makes this hobby/passion enjoyable.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't had any experience with those cigars. To me, what makes Pete's cigars so great is all of the subtleties that come in and out of a smoke. With age, those mellow out/muddle together. Now that doesn't mean that they aren't still great smokes, but they aren't as good as they were fresh in my opinion. The El Triunfador, Havana VIs, Miamis, and Cojonu series cigars to me worsen with age, and those are what I based my opinion on.

Like you said, it's just my opinion, and that's what's great about cigars. What one person loves, another may hate. It's all about the process of getting to what you like and the connections you make along the way that makes this hobby/passion enjoyable.

I agree with your premise, I guess the question is how do you define "age". Knowing the Drac was rushed to meet a release date, in my mind adding 3 to 6 months should mean a lot, and I don't even think of that length of time as aging the cigar. Then there will be a period of diminished returns. For example, a 2 year old cigar may be preferable to a 6 month old smoke, but by how much? Then there will be a time that the cigar will regress as you described.

As far as cigars regressing, I haven't gotten there yet myself.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to abstain from answering this for a while.. (on the poll).

I haven't had any of my Boris yet, however I've heard they are very good (I've also heard they are a bit wet).

I had bought a box of Drac's + 1 single. I had the single which was out of the box for about 9 days before I smoked it and did not get the paint on the draw as some people have. I thought the cigar was pretty good, but again, a bit wet. I'll try them again in couple months, but I expect they will be very very good based off what I got from it.

I still have about 5 Franks and I absolutely love these!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0

I've noticed the same thing (about most premium cigars actually) but given a little more time, they get even better. Seems like sometime between the 1st and 2nd years is a bad time to smoke them as they are going through a "dumb" phase. The fresh, lively, distinct flavors become less and the "secondary" rich, meaty and complex flavors have not developed yet.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The Frank I smoked when this years release came out was frickin outstanding. I'll tell you next year how the Drac is smoking.