Votes: 46 35.9%
  • BORIS - Average Cigar

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • BORIS - Didn't live up to the hype and was disappointed

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
A brother is sending me a Boris next week. He wasn't impressed with either. Just smoked a Regio reserva.....outstanding

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my box of Boris's from an on-line retailer, ordered them and received in the same week. They may still have some if anyone is interested.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with your premise, I guess the question is how do you define "age". Knowing the Drac was rushed to meet a release date, in my mind adding 3 to 6 months should mean a lot, and I don't even think of that length of time as aging the cigar. Then there will be a period of diminished returns. For example, a 2 year old cigar may be preferable to a 6 month old smoke, but by how much? Then there will be a time that the cigar will regress as you described.

As far as cigars regressing, I haven't gotten there yet myself.
The Drac as I understand it was rushed as a whole package. The box barely made it, but the cigars had been ready for some time AFAIK. Either way, it may improve with age, it may not. I'm just not comfortable paying $13+ a stick on a box for something that I didn't care for the first time around (not that you can judge a cigar on a few first impressions - my pocketbook just disagrees with that...lol).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I were to say that the drac was an average cigar, it's because I enjoyed the Boris much more.

I'll be more curious about the drac after about 1 year of aging. I'm afraid the other will not wait that long.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The Boris is awesome. Had that spice with a tad sweetness to it. You can cut it and just enjoy drawing on it without lighting...but you got to light it eventually. Like having your cake and eating it too. The drac on the other hand is good obviously but medium and quite one dimensional. That Boris is something else though. There is definitely nubbing involved here.Wish I could've had the frank but I can't imagine it being any better.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Smoked a drac today, very medium in flavor, Im not going to say I didnt enjoy it but id like to see these with some(alot of) age to them. Had wrapper issues as well.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
This may sound naive but shouldn't a cigar taste great right out of the box? Especially a $13 cigar? I know aging does whatever magic everyone believes it does to a cigar but there's something to be said about a cigar that tastes great right out of the box.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Conjecture made the cigar an impossible blend and the hype might as well turned it into an Afghanny Blunt.

With that being said, the Drac I had was pretty good. On par with what I expect from Tatuaje.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI - I was in Cigar, Ltd. in Fresno, CA and they had two un-opened boxes of Boris sticks plus one opened for singles sale. I didn't ask the price since I already have a box, but for any of the CA brothers still looking to snag a box.........

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I had a Drac this afternoon with a cup of maxwell house coffee. I enjoyed the stick this time around. This stick was in the humi for about three weeks. I found it to be a medium smoke and enjoyed it with a cup of coffee. Not bad but I am still a boris fan.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have not looked for , nor have I smoked either. But it sure was fun watching people go crazy looking for these. Some people sure showed their true colors while searching.