What's new

So I am finishing up an opus x love affair lost city...

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
As we speak and I am floored by the flavors coming from this stick. I have never tasted an opus with this much pronounced apple flavor on the finish. The cigar started out with dark chocolate and apple and then progressed to coffee with apple mixed in with some white pepper. Awesome....

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So I just finished it up and I was really impressed. I have only smoke maybe 5-10 opus total in my life and to me this love affair was the smoothest, sweetest, and most balanced of any of the opus I have ever smoked.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've never had the chance to try any Opus. That one sounds like it was amazing though. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This reminds me of those who "fall in love" with the Opus as I did over 12 years ago. It is a rich and very flavorful cigar that has a ton of admirerers. The apple flavor you talk about is also referred to as a sweet raisin flavor and this cigar excels with a year or two on it. I understand that not all love this cigar and don't appreciate the MSRP that comes with it...not everybodys palate is the same and I wish mine loved cigars in the $2 range...unfortunately it doesn't.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I go back and forth on the Lost City. I believe the Love Affair size is just the regular Opus blend though, so I love them. I have had some Lost City sticks that have tasted muddled and kind of dirty, and others that have been absolute oak, cinnamon and molasses bombs... hence my varying opinion.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I go back and forth on the Lost City. I believe the Love Affair size is just the regular Opus blend though, so I love them. I have had some Lost City sticks that have tasted muddled and kind of dirty, and others that have been absolute oak, cinnamon and molasses bombs... hence my varying opinion.

Do you think lost cities need as much down time as a fresh opus?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a couple super belicosos sitting in my humi from a trade. Thinking about aging them. The last one I had tasted a little sharp. Glad you enjoyed it man. Cheers!

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's actually refreshing to hear because I've only had one Lost City and it was HORRIBLE.

You are right though, the Love Affair is the regular Opus X blend but was included in the Lost City box set with the DVD. It's a great size, I wish I had more than the one I have hiding deep in the humidor so I don't molest it anymore, haha.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
of course you post this up a few days after bobby listed these cigars for sale at 10 each. I did not pull the trigger and he's sold out now...:angerhead

i knew I should have jumped on those

did anyone else see those go up on that other site. sold out fast!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I have never had an Opus that floored me like you describe. Matter of fact, the few i've had did very little to impress me. I thought they were good, but the certainly didnt live up to the hype.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I have never had an Opus that floored me like you describe. Matter of fact, the few i've had did very little to impress me. I thought they were good, but the certainly didnt live up to the hype.
Thought the same way until I had an aged one (and that's why I hate MU)