What's new

So. . . Thinking of taking the plunge

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How was your plunge?
I'm smoking some Milan Tobaconist Black Gold and really enjoying it. The maduro leaf thickens up the smoke nicely.

It is enjoyable, but it will take some getting use to. The smoke isn't as thick as a cigar, the nicotine is stronger, and tongue bite is real.

I don't see it replacing cigars. I do think that as I get use to the pipe I will enjoy it more and will have some fun with it.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm smoking some Milan Tobaconist Black Gold and really enjoying it. The maduro leaf thickens up the smoke nicely.

It is enjoyable, but it will take some getting use to. The smoke isn't as thick as a cigar, the nicotine is stronger, and tongue bite is real.

I don't see it replacing cigars. I do think that as I get use to the pipe I will enjoy it more and will have some fun with it.
From my experience with tongue bite, it gets easier as time goes on. I also don't puff as deep as I do with cigars either. Which helped me with some of the bite. I'll never give up my cigars either. Piping I find to be more relaxing and not to be rushed as with a cigar.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
From my experience with tongue bite, it gets easier as time goes on. I also don't puff as deep as I do with cigars either. Which helped me with some of the bite. I'll never give up my cigars either. Piping I find to be more relaxing and not to be rushed as with a cigar.
For me it is the opposite. I find that cigars force me to slow down. It is a more meditative experience. Plus it is a full sensory experience. It encompasses taste, aroma, feel, and aesthetics.

Plus the flavors are night and day. Two different worlds.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
For me it is the opposite. I find that cigars force me to slow down. It is a more meditative experience. Plus it is a full sensory experience. It encompasses taste, aroma, feel, and aesthetics.

Plus the flavors are night and day. Two different worlds.
I agree that it's definitely night and day.

Sent from my iPhone via Tap to Talk

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm with you @The_Rev i don't know what tongue bite is? But again used to be a heavy roll your own smoker so mouth has copped a flogging. I do notice a chemical ammonia kind of heat when the baccy is far too wet but is that what people call tongue bite?

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Ok Mike so as you could tell no room for a note.
Prince Albert. Nice mellow smoke great for pipe break in.
Fillmore beaver is a local shops blend.
Bald headed teacher is one of my faves
Dunhill early morning pipe. Great in a con with coffee...... Just sayin

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Looks like all your pics are funky. I can't see the pic of mine anymore either. saw it the other day...........
OK so chris @CVAC085 what did u send him
A little bit of everything from my cellar!! Somehow fit 11...yes 11 baggies of baccy in a SFR. I do recall sending him a little bit of the Frog Morton line. I have so much other stuff I forgot what I sent :banghead: