What's new

So, What Are You Packing Today?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The P380 is my 95% of the time carry.
IMG_1696.jpg
My wife's daily carry.... Springfield EMP that was worked over by Jim Garthwaite. All 10-8 and Garthwaite's tool steel parts.
IMG_1695cut.jpg
The Sentinel .45ACP... Shame Wilson doesn't make this gun anymore in big boy calibers... Still a laser gun despite the size...
IMG_1694.jpg

Forgot to mention both the EMP and Sentinel have Larry Davidson grips... Great guy to deal with and great stocks...

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
My wife's daily carry.... Springfield EMP that was worked over by Jim Garthwaite. All 10-8 and Garthwaite's tool steel parts./QUOTE]

I took my girlfriend to find her carry piece. That's what she has her heart set on. After shooting it, I really want one too! That thing is incredibly accurate for the size! The 1911 trigger is one of my favorites, super crisp!

Was the post production work worth it? If so, would you mind letting me know what it costs?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Atta boy! Now Alex has two of us to be jealous of! Lol
Lol that's a negative, Ghost Rider. After putting them side-by-side some of my other blasters, I'm okay with not owning one.
I took my girlfriend to find her carry piece. That's what she has her heart set on. After shooting it, I really want one too! That thing is incredibly accurate for the size! The 1911 trigger is one of my favorites, super crisp!

Was the post production work worth it? If so, would you mind letting me know what it costs?
Has she looked at guns like the CZ 75 series (especially with slim grips), Walther PPS, or old school S&W single stacks (something like the 3913 Lady Smith)?

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
She has tried a few of those, but one big issue for her is her ability to pull the slide back. She has tried a whole range of guns and has only come up with a few she can pull back. Guns like the Beretta 92 and most 1911s seem to be the easiest for her. The CZs slide was too small for her to get any real traction and required too much strength to pull back.
For those who don't know her, she is just over 5'2" and all of 105lbs.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
True. Just remember if she falls in love with one, but struggles with the slide... you can simply put in a lighter recoil spring. It will just need to be replaced more frequently.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Atta boy! Now Alex has two of us to be jealous of! Lol
Lol that's a negative, Ghost Rider. After putting them side-by-side some of my other blasters, I'm okay with not owning one.

Has she looked at guns like the CZ 75 series (especially with slim grips), Walther PPS, or old school S&W single stacks (something like the 3913 Lady Smith)?
Though, I should mention, she has yet to try an old school S&W single stack.

Another thing to mention, she says she won't carry unless it has a safety. No matter what I tell her, she is just uncomfortable with safety-less guns, and I'm not going to press the issue, I'm a firm believer in carrying something your 100% comfortable with.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Definitely see if you can find an older S&W single stack. Their guns like the Model 39 were works of art, and could take a beating.

Similar in size and shape to a 1911, but less finnicky. The 3913LS has a tapered frame which helps smaller hands. I'm sure slim grips can be had for any popular models too.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I knew there were some XD fans on here. :)
There have to be LOTS of us, based on the way the XDs has been flying off the shelves ever since it was introduced.
To be honest I'm not a huge XD fan as I sold my XD-40 but I am in love with my XDS, it's gotta be the best subcompact .45 to conceal carry ever made imo...