What's new

So, What Are You Packing Today?

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
HK P30 in .40 with a Comptac Minotaur AIWB
Atta boy! Now Alex has two of us to be jealous of! Lol

You try the 9mm? I had the 40 but traded it for a 9, nothing against the 40, but there's something about the P30 9 that just works for me. I didn't group nearly as well with the 40 for initial or follow up shots.
I have the P30 in 9mm for training and 40 for carry. As I always say "why not both?" Bruce Grey has done both triggers with his custom carry package. Money extraordinarily well-spent!

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
HK P30 in .40 with a Comptac Minotaur AIWB
Atta boy! Now Alex has two of us to be jealous of! Lol

You try the 9mm? I had the 40 but traded it for a 9, nothing against the 40, but there's something about the P30 9 that just works for me. I didn't group nearly as well with the 40 for initial or follow up shots.
I have the P30 in 9mm for training and 40 for carry. As I always say "why not both?" Bruce Grey has done both triggers with his custom carry package. Money extraordinarily well-spent!
Do you just send the lower? Does he require an FFL transfer to ship it back to you?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My wife's daily carry.... Springfield EMP that was worked over by Jim Garthwaite. All 10-8 and Garthwaite's tool steel parts./QUOTE]

I took my girlfriend to find her carry piece. That's what she has her heart set on. After shooting it, I really want one too! That thing is incredibly accurate for the size! The 1911 trigger is one of my favorites, super crisp!

Was the post production work worth it? If so, would you mind letting me know what it costs?
Personally I believe the custom work was worth it. I've had Jim build me a fullsize 1911 and a Browning Hi Power. He does amazing work, but he's still pretty reasonable. You can check his price sheet here: http://www.garthwaite.com/services/1911-custom-work.php
I had already removed the ILS system, and had the slide stop, hammer, sear, and disconnector replaced with tool steel instead of the factory MIM parts. MSH is aluminum to match the frame of the gun, and the hammer strut and hammer spring cap are titanium. 10-8 rear sight with tritium front with a mild dehorn, frame was stippled and coated. trigger is a sculpted 10-8 flat core. The barrel has a deep dish crown and all the lock work was tightened up. She carried a Wilson CQB Compact prior to this, and a fully tuned G26 before that. Stock wasn't going to cut it. Most people won't shoot the gun enough to have the parts I replaced fail. The trigger breaks like a glass rod though, it fits her hand a little better, and I have no reservations on it taking care of business if she ever needed it to. Biggest downside to the EMP is the proprietary magazine and no quality aftermarket options like Wilson, CMC, CobraMag, etc.

EDIT: After reading the last part of your comment I forgot to mention, I love this damn thing and I can honestly say I've been jealous. Ha. I would totally build one for my own carry, but I have too many SD carry guns to justify it right now.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
My wife's daily carry.... Springfield EMP that was worked over by Jim Garthwaite. All 10-8 and Garthwaite's tool steel parts./QUOTE]

I took my girlfriend to find her carry piece. That's what she has her heart set on. After shooting it, I really want one too! That thing is incredibly accurate for the size! The 1911 trigger is one of my favorites, super crisp!

Was the post production work worth it? If so, would you mind letting me know what it costs?
Personally I believe the custom work was worth it. I've had Jim build me a fullsize 1911 and a Browning Hi Power. He does amazing work, but he's still pretty reasonable. You can check his price sheet here: http://www.garthwaite.com/services/1911-custom-work.php
I had already removed the ILS system, and had the slide stop, hammer, sear, and disconnector replaced with tool steel instead of the factory MIM parts. MSH is aluminum to match the frame of the gun, and the hammer strut and hammer spring cap are titanium. 10-8 rear sight with tritium front with a mild dehorn, frame was stippled and coated. trigger is a sculpted 10-8 flat core. The barrel has a deep dish crown and all the lock work was tightened up. She carried a Wilson CQB Compact prior to this, and a fully tuned G26 before that. Stock wasn't going to cut it. Most people won't shoot the gun enough to have the parts I replaced fail. The trigger breaks like a glass rod though, it fits her hand a little better, and I have no reservations on it taking care of business if she ever needed it to. Biggest downside to the EMP is the proprietary magazine and no quality aftermarket options like Wilson, CMC, CobraMag, etc.

EDIT: After reading the last part of your comment I forgot to mention, I love this damn thing and I can honestly say I've been jealous. Ha. I would totally build one for my own carry, but I have too many SD carry guns to justify it right now.
awesome information! thanks a ton, now i have another project to look forward to! lol
Changing MIM parts usually top my list of things to replace!

proprietary mags/parts do suck, but i guess its understandable since its the first of its kind, or so i was told.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

awesome information! thanks a ton, now i have another project to look forward to! lol
Changing MIM parts usually top my list of things to replace!

proprietary mags/parts do suck, but i guess its understandable since its the first of its kind, or so i was told.
No worries. Always fun to plan out a new project gun. LOL. I think the MSH I sourced was made by VZ grips because he made the nicest aluminum one I could find at the time. The ignition components were Jim's own, the safety I believe to be a CS, and the rest are all 10-8. I am trying to remember and not dig out the invoice. It's spent money and I don't like thinking about that... Ha ha ha.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LCR 38/357. Good reliable weapon. I have colt defender and new agent also but find them too bulky at times. The new colt mustang is nice and I keep that in center console.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 4 guns that are in use for ccw depending on what I may be doing.
Gen 3 Glock 32 .357SIG
Ruger LCP .380
Taurus 850 .38 Special
Old school Charter Arms 3" Bulldog .44 Special.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I usually favor my Glock 30, but today I felt like a change: Browning Hi-Power, 17rd KRD mag, Fist kydex IWB. She's actually my favorite.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Well, not actually today. But, I just bought this 442 for when I'm in business attire in the future. Probably won't see a ton of use, but glad I added it to the stable.