What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Thanks Jason. I hope you make it to Erans again this September. It would be great to see and visit again. Rumor has it @WNYTONY might be coming too? That would be the highlight of my year. Love that guy, although we have never met.
I will be at Eran’s herf with bells on! I had better be — committed to frying up fresh wings for all (Buffalo-style of course!) (y)

Now let the record show that although @WNYTONY is a gentleman and scholar, I’ve been hit by this cunning bastard more times than I care to admit. He shows up loaded for bear. The dude even shanked my son with a damn fine selection of yuletide sticks. Just something to keep in mind, Steve @Old Smokey , as you choose your New York bound warheads! ;)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I will be at Eran’s herf with bells on! I had better be — committed to frying up fresh wings for all (Buffalo-style of course!) (y)

Now let the record show that although @WNYTONY is a gentleman and scholar, I’ve been hit by this cunning bastard more times than I care to admit. He shows up loaded for bear. The dude even shanked my son with a damn fine selection of yuletide sticks. Just something to keep in mind, Steve @Old Smokey , as you choose your New York bound warheads! ;)
Love me some wings Jason. That sounds awesome.
As far as @WNYTONY we have been senselessly blowing up each other's homes, families and neighbors for years. I think he's scared this time. I need to find a bigger box, fill it with Lucky Charms and launch. It's going out this week. If you happen to see him trying to run, please deploy the spike strips!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Love me some wings Jason. That sounds awesome.
As far as @WNYTONY we have been senselessly blowing up each other's homes, families and neighbors for years. I think he's scared this time. I need to find a bigger box, fill it with Lucky Charms and launch. It's going out this week. If you happen to see him trying to run, please deploy the spike strips!
Scared ? You old dog - you know what time of year it is 'round these parts.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello sober folkes. I'm about to hit 2.5 yrs sober. Was wondering if any of ya'll attend SMART meetings? Or have even heard of it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart recovery.. not too well known, but learned of it in rehab from booze. Not a 12 step program.
I've been to AA, still read the big book sometimes (honestly didn't fit me very well) I would never knock it! Its helped countless people & should be considered by all. But it not the only choice.
Smart uses c.b.t. kinda changing your thinking to change your behavior.

Not near as many meetings available though. I'm in Atlanta and there are only a few a week in the area.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Smart recovery.. not too well known, but learned of it in rehab from booze. Not a 12 step program.
I've been to AA, still read the big book sometimes (honestly didn't fit me very well) I would never knock it! Its helped countless people & should be considered by all. But it not the only choice.

Not near as many meetings available though. I'm in Atlanta and there are only a few a week in the area.
If it helps drunks get and stay sober and learn to live a mostly happy and contented lives, then good.. I hope you enjoy a lifetime of sobriety.

AA didn't work for me the first time. But AA was not the problem.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it helps drunks get and stay sober and learn to live a mostly happy and contented lives, then good.. I hope you enjoy a lifetime of sobriety.

I'm down w/ that... by any means nessicary!
And thank you!

I was sober for 4ish years then started back slowly@first, but the inevitable happened..... no guarantees in life but I'm a bit older &hopefully wiser these days!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0

As long as you remember that you are not different from the rest of us in that you have no control over alcohol and are powerless regardless of what your brain tries to tell you. I hope that program isn't a "fix you" program...

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'm very aware that me starting to drink again will have the same result as it has in my past or worse. There is no moderation option for me, and others like myself.
Are you doing the SMART program or just researching?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am active in smart.

I do what I need to do to stay sober, communicating w/others in the same boat is something I believe is a huge part of doing that.
I wish you 100% success my friend. I don't know how SMART works, but it if works for you then I am for it. Welcome to the BOTL Sobriety thread.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've got a metric milestone today! 10,000 days ago I woke up stupid and afraid for the last time, and started my journey of recovery in AA. The old guys used to call me a "one-chip wonder;" never had a relapse. Surely didn't do this thing perfect, but AA always showed me patience, tolerance, and love. I try to give back however I can. Sharing my experience, strength, and hope; and sharing my time for service; while hopefully learning to practice that same love and tolerance, one day at a time. Thanks to all of you for being a part of my sobriety.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've got a metric milestone today! 10,000 days ago I woke up stupid and afraid for the last time, and started my journey of recovery in AA. The old guys used to call me a "one-chip wonder;" never had a relapse. Surely didn't do this thing perfect, but AA always showed me patience, tolerance, and love. I try to give back however I can. Sharing my experience, strength, and hope; and sharing my time for service; while hopefully learning to practice that same love and tolerance, one day at a time. Thanks to all of you for being a part of my sobriety.
Badass brother!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Badass brother!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
We are still going pretty strong with the Sober Stogies group of Alcoholics Anonymous. There are six regular attendees every week! If anyone is interested we are "meeting" every Sunday at noon EST. Fire one up and join us, whydontcha? We use Google Hangouts; PM me for a link (or scroll up a ways, it's up there somewhere). We have the regular "meeting before the meeting/herf" followed by a one hour regular structured AA meeting. I try to get on about 30 minutes prior to meeting start.

I know it's a little ways off, but we're beginning the process of putting together plans to meet up at the 2020 international convention in Detroit, for the first of a (hopefully) yearly gathering of sober cigar lovers. Anywho, hope you're all enjoying your sobriety!