What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thank you for the congrats my brothers and sisters! May you all reach the same milestone and happy New year!
Out of curiosity Andy this 30 year stint, has it been just a solo endeavor or did you ever participate in a spiritual or recovery program? Just assuming that, since you said you don't think of it often, you aren't currently engaged. Which, hey man, no judgement at all. Just curious to know a little more about a brother.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Out of curiosity Andy this 30 year stint, has it been just a solo endeavor or did you ever participate in a spiritual or recovery program? Just assuming that, since you said you don't think of it often, you aren't currently engaged. Which, hey man, no judgement at all. Just curious to know a little more about a brother.
Jason, I did NA very seriously for several years, working the program definitely saved me. After I found the love of my life I started going less and my focus changed. Just lucky I guess, no longer had any desire to use.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi all, joining this thread, been involved with various recovery programs pretty much my entire adult life, here's a few milestones...

6/17/90 (substance not to be named in public)
8/3/08 (cigarettes)
3/4/15 (alcohol)
11/19/17 (sugar - lost 130 lbs)

I never expected to find a thread like this here. I hope I never have to add a date for cigars lol

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
A member of my home group and fellow BOTL graduated the fellowship the other day. Mark had almost 30 years of sobriety and I was blessed enough to witness the last 13 . Mark had a lot of life challenges during that time yet I don’t believe that I ever heard him complain. What I do remember is that “even when your ass falls off, just don’t drink”
RIP Brother

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Today is my Sobriety date. It's been 29 years since I took my last drink. I reflect back over the years with much gratitude at the miracle of recovery. I also remember with sadness a lot of good friends who succumbed to this disease.

I have been blessed to experience a lot of life over these years. Many memories of great sorrow and heartache and many more of sheer joy. It's been a heck of a ride so far.

It wouldn't have happened without an immense amount of help and guidance from my HP and a myriad of loving people like you. Thank you!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Today is my Sobriety date. It's been 29 years since I took my last drink. I reflect back over the years with much gratitude at the miracle of recovery. I also remember with sadness a lot of good friends who succumbed to this disease.

I have been blessed to experience a lot of life over these years. Many memories of great sorrow and heartache and many more of sheer joy. It's been a heck of a ride so far.

It wouldn't have happened without an immense amount of help and guidance from my HP and a myriad of loving people like you. Thank you!
Congratulations! It’s a great day indeed!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0

Way to be a living example, my man. Go class of '91!