What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Today I am celebrating 30 years of continued sobriety. My thoughts are with my good friends who decided they could drink again and ended up dying because of the decision they could take a drink. One Day at a Time brothers!

Congrats, keep up the good fight.

BrendanM

Nicofiend
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I keep finding good, but neglected threads around this site. This is an awesome topic, and I reckon one of if not the most important one here! Alcohol is my drug of choice though I went back to weed for a time all too recently. Of course that lead back to drinking twice, the second time being a grey-out (scary!). Shortly after that I realized how dangerous the weed was as well. One minute it's all fun and games the next I'm lying in bed hating myself because of my drunken history. Fortunately everything else I used was in the distant past, but ya'll know temptation can always rear it's ugly head. I do have a co-occurring group that helps tremendously, but even with that and trying four different programs I have not made a year and a half clean since I was ten or so. Anyone still watch this thread?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I keep finding good, but neglected threads around this site. This is an awesome topic, and I reckon one of if not the most important one here! Alcohol is my drug of choice though I went back to weed for a time all too recently. Of course that lead back to drinking twice, the second time being a grey-out (scary!). Shortly after that I realized how dangerous the weed was as well. One minute it's all fun and games the next I'm lying in bed hating myself because of my drunken history. Fortunately everything else I used was in the distant past, but ya'll know temptation can always rear it's ugly head. I do have a co-occurring group that helps tremendously, but even with that and trying four different programs I have not made a year and a half clean since I was ten or so. Anyone still watch this thread?
It’s not the most active thread for sure but there’s a few that Keep an eye on it. Your in good company here.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had fallen into the habit of having a couple of drinks and a cigar every afternoon. The doctor put me on a strong Antibiotic for 3 weeks and I had to cut out the alcohol. I quickly realized that I missed it. No physical withdrawal symptoms or overpowering need but the brief interruption in my routine gave me a hint of how easy it is to fall into a dependence or addiction. I have a new appreciation for those of you that face these challenges.

I have altered my routine and no longer just automatically make a pour when I sit down to smoke a cigar. Probably a good idea for me to take the routine out of drinking alcohol.

BrendanM

Nicofiend
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know any good recovery music? I know 3 good tunes, but 2 are sarcastic 1s from normies. They do help me get by, but the first 1 here might have some triggering phrases if taken the wrong way.
The third is by the Bosstones, who are typically celebrating drinking. I'd guess it is about beating some other demon, but I think can be applied to all of them.