What's new

Southern Draw Rose of Sharon-Mind Blown

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This has also been on my MAW.. especially the Lancero version.

Was there a lot of pepper notes in it? I also heard some people describe it as kind of a pepper bomb (which I'm not a fan of).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The pepper is so well balanced with the other flavors. Not aggressive at all. The way I like pepper in my smokes. If it is unbalanced it can be off putting, but the flavor on this stick is literally perfect.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I picked up a jar of the perfectos on a whim (whim isn't right, I'm just a sucker for marketing) and have been very happy with them.

I was a little worried because they felt soft to the squeeze and smelled like my horse's stall but they have burned flawlessly, produced thick smoke and the flavor is stellar. Much stronger than I was expecting from a Conn wrapper.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Cigar Monster has the 10ct jar of perfectos for $76.98. Came to $63.89 shipped with the botl discount code, seems like a good price for them.

Also, I believe the ignite jars benefit cigars for warriors.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They do.

I picked up an Ignite jar of the Perfectos a few weeks ago, split it with @mitetak so I ended up with a fiver (and the very cool Ignite jar).

I smoked one a couple days later, and was unimpressed. However, I was outside, alone, it was cold, and darker than I would have liked. Halfway through I was wishing it was done so I could go back inside. Given that, I am not counting that initial smoke against it, and I have four more to burn. I've been working through some of the older things I have but one has come out with me on a few occasions, only to return home to the humidor. Soon.

I will say though, I had a Southern Draw Quick Draw CT in more favorable conditions and its by far my favorite cigar so far. I only have one more (I bought the last one the store had) and haven't found more yet. If you like the Rose I'd suggest trying the Quick Draw.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to smoking a Rose of Sharon last week. I’m gonna catch a lot of flack, but my mind wasn’t blown. Don’t get me wrong, It’s very good for a CT and I’ll definitely smoke it again. Most of the time, I prefer just a bit more oomph is all. I lit up the Fire Thorn and enjoyed it. Now I just gotta get around to firing up the Kudzu this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to smoking a Rose of Sharon last week. I’m gonna catch a lot of flack, but my mind wasn’t blown. Don’t get me wrong, It’s very good for a CT and I’ll definitely smoke it again. Most of the time, I prefer just a bit more oomph is all. I lit up the Fire Thorn and enjoyed it. Now I just gotta get around to firing up the Kudzu this weekend.

Ok, I’ll admit when I’m wrong. I just smoked my second Rose of Sharon after it’d rested in my humi for a bit. Wow. This thing is impressive. Definitely my favorite CT cigar. In fact, I may be forced to allow a CT wrapped cigar into my personal top 10 list for the first time ever. Well done Southern Draw. Big kudos.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ok, I’ll admit when I’m wrong. I just smoked my second Rose of Sharon after it’d rested in my humi for a bit. Wow. This thing is impressive. Definitely my favorite CT cigar. In fact, I may be forced to allow a CT wrapped cigar into my personal top 10 list for the first time ever. Well done Southern Draw. Big kudos.

Nice. Have you entered your nominations in our top 25 yet? I think it's in the lead for #1!
http://www.botl.org/threads/botl-top-25-of-2018-voting.94279/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Have you entered your nominations in our top 25 yet? I think it's in the lead for #1!
http://www.botl.org/threads/botl-top-25-of-2018-voting.94279/
I’ve thought about it, but I have a bit of an internal debate to settle. Should I rank the top 5 NEW (to me) smokes that I had this year or the top 5 smokes that I had overall? If it’s the latter, then it’s just going to be my personal top 5 list.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’ve thought about it, but I have a bit of an internal debate to settle. Should I rank the top 5 NEW (to me) smokes that I had this year or the top 5 smokes that I had overall? If it’s the latter, then it’s just going to be my personal top 5 list.

Hmmm. Maybe both? Go ahead and give us 10. That you've smoked this year. In order of the ones that impressed you most and tasted best. I need more data and crossover to get these rankings right.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
The pepper is so well balanced with the other flavors. Not aggressive at all. The way I like pepper in my smokes. If it is unbalanced it can be off putting, but the flavor on this stick is literally perfect.
I picked up a jar of the perfectos on a whim (whim isn't right, I'm just a sucker for marketing) and have been very happy with them.

I was a little worried because they felt soft to the squeeze and smelled like my horse's stall but they have burned flawlessly, produced thick smoke and the flavor is stellar. Much stronger than I was expecting from a Conn wrapper.

Hmm, see this @Hopduro ? Horsestall! ;) Maybe you should try it again.... I'll give this next one a bit more rest and give it another shot...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Maybe both? Go ahead and give us 10. That you've smoked this year. In order of the ones that impressed you most and tasted best. I need more data and crossover to get these rankings right.
After some thought, I went with the best 5 that were new to me this year. I keep a personal top 10 list but it isn’t rank ordered because I think the rankings would be too fluid.

I will say, though, that ALL of the Top 5 from this year are included in my newly updated personal top 10.